• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super interesting article thanks for posting.

It’s interesting to me that the LVMH business model allows for a diffusion of and indeed welcomes it of cash-cow products such as bags. That’s a large investment in Celine, which to me, looks to be making a very similar style women’s bag. I suppose they’re justified in reaching into hitherto untapped markets and of course LV bag owners purchase other bags, although I don’t see them reaching for Celine as much as Gucci or maybe Chanel if they have a bit more means.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of the vintage black f skinny low waist. Never really paid them any attention before but feel like they're worth having.

Anyone seen the grey green colour for this sweater in the flesh? How does it look?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The light grey that Mr porter has? I've got that one it's nice. I could maybe have gone down a size for a slimmer look, but it looks good, and a size down would probably have been too small.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually returned them. They were very nice but the brown made my feet look huge. I'm a 45 and would have kept them if I was a size or so smaller. Black would be perfect.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're also a bit more forgiving in the suede on the ankles. I have the black calf drugstore Chelsea and they're pretty hard to get my feet in. Beautiful boots though one of my favourites.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Kieran, I picked up that gray-green sweater in the iconic shetland wool but had to return it. I went TTS (XS), and it had unflattering rolls in the body, like about 4-5 inches too much fabric all through the stomach and waist. I did like the color, as it was very TKP to me, but the shetland wool can’t hold a candle to the seamless cashmere, which I own from Celine, and is (the seamless cashmere) much more comfortable and elegant. Maybe if you size down one you’d be okay, however, I’d be wary with the shoulders and sleeve length in that case. It wasn’t cut short like some of the other sweaters though.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't wear jewellery much anymore but this silver eagle(?) cuff looks really great. reminds me of the lynx pin/brooch/ring/cuff from fw14
E5i1Y72XMAEJIUP
Was this bracelet released anywhere?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had adjustments made to the union wash skinny? I want to hem mine and possibly taper them. Obviously it's a wash so the hem has the faded details, and so I'm wondering whether to try and retain the original hem or just create a new hem and lose the details.

I'm interested in hearing people's experiences as I've seen some disasters where the hem didn't lie right after being kept.

With tapering, they have a double seam on both sides, so I'm not sure if they can be tapered. There's more material in the back, 14.5 cm distance between seams in the front Vs 18.5 in the back, and so it would be possible to take fabric from the back without causing a weird curve down the seam.' Again I'd be interested in hearing people's experiences if possible as my knowledge on this kind of thing is limited. Cheers.

youwhat

Reaction score
whats the double seams look like?

if you take the hem off and then taper someone should be able to match the old hem width up to the new tapered hem width. (sometimes people keep the original hem but dont taper and most / even 'straight' leg jeans have a slight taper so ends up puckering when re attaching).

obviously all that depends on how much shorter you're making them and how much tapering.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your post youwhat.

I'd be looking to make them significantly shorter but there is still only a very slight difference in width, maybe .5 cm. I'd be looking to taper them only slightly just to match how the lower leg is now.

Here's a few pictures of the seams. As you can see there's more material in the back (this actually seems to makes them look skinnier than they are when cropped because the excess material seems to hang at the back instead of out at the sides, which is nice). And there's pretty significant fading around all seams so Ideally the material would be taken from the back and the same seam restitched if that's possible.

IMG_20210827_122115238.jpg

Inner seam:
IMG_20210827_122134905.jpg

Outer seam:
IMG_20210827_122139459.jpg

KVAEIOU

Reaction score
Does anyone have the product picture for the rainbow biker from TKP? Would really like to have it saved. As far as I know it was never on the site.

funkyprez

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of reattaching the original hem. It’s a trickier operation than it seems and you’ve got to have a very skilled tailor to align the seam edges perfectly.

If you must taper, I would insist the tailor to open the seam on the inner leg, not the outer leg. Otherwise you may lose some natural fading along the outer seam. I’d also seek a real denim repair shop vs your everyday tailor, they would most likely have the best advice and right machinery (chain stitching, for instance).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads