• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

nolovelost23

Reaction score
Oh definitely. The kpop image is very clean. No alcohol, no drugs and no sex, whereas Hedi's "Saint Laurent girl" did... all of those things. If there are rumors about a popular kpop artist being in a relationship every publication will hop on it. It's an interesting but very sad world. It's very fake.

Sidenote but I really like those western harness boots in the last picture, never seen those before.
and Rosé is with Saint Laurent and YSL beauty

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Celine underwear sells well I can imagine them continuing it to offer a higher end alternative to the Calvin Klein signature style. I bet Anthony is kicking himself for not doing it before Hedi at Saint Laurent.

On a related note, I received my XS underwear in both white and black today. That was the first time I received next-day shipping from Celine, complimentary, which is nice. I suppose they have a surfeit of underwear in NJ! I'll spare you all a fit pic, although I don't mind showing off the abs from time to time. ;)

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh definitely. The kpop image is very clean. No alcohol, no drugs and no sex, whereas Hedi's "Saint Laurent girl" did... all of those things. If there are rumors about a popular kpop artist being in a relationship every publication will hop on it. It's an interesting but very sad world. It's very fake.

Sidenote but I really like those western harness boots in the last picture, never seen those before.
I'm the farthest person imaginable from being knowledgable of Kpop, but I remember hearing a couple months ago that one of the influential record labels was allowing its singers to date people. I do agree that nevertheless it's quite saddening to think about these people, and Celine jumping on the bandwagon of using these people to sell its products makes me think less of the brand. Obviously, what they're trying to do is sell stuff, so they're bound to have a different perspective from myself.

Back on topic: I just received the jacno single buckle monkstraps, and they are amazing. I ordered my tts, and they're a tad snug, but quite clearly the correct size. I had ordered a half size up last year, and sent them back due to excessive heel slippage, and these don't have those at all. This is my fourth pair of Celine footwear, all jacnos.

Laissez-faire

Reaction score
Anybody own the Ranger lace-up boots or can somebody speak on it?

I missed out on the SLP iteration of these boots and just saw that it's been brought back for SS21. I do like that it's got rubber soles this time around, but not really sure how I feel about the wavy stitching pattern on a combat boot.

View attachment 1577760

I own the SLP leather sole ones. They also made a rubber sole version.
What do you want to know?
SLP version is less clunky imo.

Jalen

Reaction score

I missed out on the SLP iteration of these boots and just saw that it's been brought back for SS21. I do like that it's got rubber soles this time around, but not really sure how I feel about the wavy stitching pattern on a combat boot.

View attachment 1577760
I just bought these. They're definitely nice, the quality feels great. In terms of styling, imo they don't look that great with skinny jeans like the SLP combats do if that's what you wanted to go for. With that said, they look amazing with a more relaxed fit as shown in FW19 which is why I personally bought them.

Randeep

Reaction score
On a related note, I received my XS underwear in both white and black today. That was the first time I received next-day shipping from Celine, complimentary, which is nice. I suppose they have a surfeit of underwear in NJ! I'll spare you all a fit pic, although I don't mind showing off the abs from time to time. ;)

You'll have to update us with whether XS was the correct sizing :)

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1577760
1616181393716.png

vs
1616180750694.png

The wavy pattern is Hedi referencing 80s combat boots, so it is a historically accurate detail, but I get what you mean. I think the wavy pattern works nicely with the rubber soles. Both are additional details that help balance each other out.

The Saint Laurent version is more minimalistic/clean as that was part of Hedi's brand narrative there. The leather soles work well because the overall look is so classic and dressy.
1616181072211.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and Rosé is with Saint Laurent and YSL beauty
The sad thing is that YSL beauty will never be fully integrated into Saint Laurent as one cohesive vision. That said, I don't think it really matters since I doubt Anthony has the skillset to be able to mesh beauty/fragrance with his vision for clothing.

I'm so surprised they weren't able to work a deal with Hedi and L'Oreal so that he could launch fragrances at Saint Laurent. However, I have a gut feeling that it would be similar to what he has launched at Celine. He has his own consistent preferences ever since Dior.

Parade's neroli was in the original Dior Homme Cologne.
Saint-Germain-des-Prés has elements that remind me of Fahrenheit 32.
Dans Paris revisits his preference of powdery sweet almond like in Cologne Blanche.
Black Tie is the spiritual successor to Eau Noire.

The rest feel new to his repertoire, but I can imagine them fitting into Hedi's Saint Laurent too.
Cologne Française
La Peau Nue
Eau de Californie
Reptile
Nightclubbing

Bois d'Argent and Dior Homme don't seem to have been reinterpreted for Celine, maybe because it is too iconic as Dior fragrances.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought experiment to see how Celine fragrances would stack up to some Saint Laurent looks.

1616183530069.png

Cologne Française is what I imagine suiting this look. The fruity fig gives some youthfulness to the scent which is anchored with some almost smokey woods giving it an overall quite introverted, slightly edgy, yet elegant feeling.

1616183748937.png

Eau de Californie makes sense here. The smokey woods and delicate leather give off a casual, slightly edgy, but refined feeling that suits Dylan's delicate facial features while still giving him some edge.

1616184207860.png

I would pair Parade with Dylan's black tie look instead of Black Tie because it matches his delicate facial features more. Black Tie would have been a tad dramatic for this specific look and his persona in this photo. Parade's neroli is sophisticated and clean, and the fragrance overall gives a very put together feeling without being old.

1616184502361.png

Reptile for this bad boy in leather pants that wants to be noticed.

1616184693675.png
1616185018934.png

Black Tie. Severe with an attitude, but still approachable due to the vanilla sweetness.

1616184853386.png

Nightclubbing is just what I think pairs nicely with all black looks. They don't necessarily need to be the centre of attention unlike the Reptile wearer. Introverted but edgy with a hidden vulnerability.

1616185290484.png
1616185310793.png

1616185760933.png
1616185797937.png

1616185892276.png

1616185913241.png

Dans Paris for that sweet and cozy feeling. SS16's campaign and thick material gives me that comfy vibe.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
healthyfit