• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Louis Louis

Reaction score
95C6809C-3D2B-4482-A1C4-B9EC80196B3B.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sad it didn't catch the mainstream to wear ties with leather jackets and shirts.
46000757_648852788850512_2208994332110040635_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com.png

Hedi gave up spotlighting ties ever since fw19. No ties on sight on runways.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But also I don't think Hedi ever repeats the same thing on shows. Whether wearing ties casually caught on or not, I don't think Hedi would've continued.

mugatu

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that Celine Homme labeling is because people were still confused whether this was Celine Dion's brand or that Celine was only a womenswear brand. Personally I find it tacky since in 2020 they should be able to have a woman's name on a label designing menswear. There isn't Saint Laurent Homme, just Saint Laurent for both men and women. I get how Dior Homme made sense since Hedi's vision was different than the woman's side.

Agreed. I don't like "CELINE HOMME" either. Very tacky. It's almost as if they're trying to back-peddle on the whole gender fluid aesthetic Hedi seeked so hard to create. Like I said earlier, most stores in the EU have started separating men's & womenswear entirely, and the pop-ups are another sign of the differentiation. I'm assuming this restructuring is more Bernard/LVMH related than Hedi's own personal choice, but again they must sell if Hedi wants to keep his job. Sign of times I'm afraid.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
So sad it didn't catch the mainstream to wear ties with leather jackets and shirts.
View attachment 1555222
Hedi gave up spotlighting ties ever since fw19. No ties on sight on runways.

I'm personally glad it didn't. White shirt with a tie and leather jacket always seemed goofy to me, like a villain from a bad movie. Just two different aesthetics that clash too hard in my opinion.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to admit that I saw Celine Homme or more specifically CELINE HOMME on MrPorter recently and really disliked the aesthetic of the font. It didn't make sense to me to be so bold and masculine for this brand, and I'm not trying to make any identity statement, it just felt dumb.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This compilation was such a disappointment to me, but the label puts out some great eccentric French music. The France Chebran albums are addictive imo.

That being said, the style of this period in France is so ******* deadly, and I'm very disappointed that Hedi seems to have abandoned recreating it at the label. But if it's not selling it's not selling, plus the people who like this (i.e. the people who post in this thread) already have closets full of this stuff.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Her video was okay...Michelle from Clever & Chic does better ones. She was kind of meandering and not really using what she's saying to come to any conclusion. Just info dumping. I also find it a bit appalling she would dismiss Instagram so readily instead of giving us an unbiased take on that. I find it fascinating she used Instagram instead of TikTok. I think it is fine to call yourself old, but being lazy and not even trying to emphasize with the younger generation when making a video on it is unfortunate.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Her video was okay...Michelle from Clever & Chic does better ones. She was kind of meandering and not really using what she's saying to come to any conclusion. Just info dumping. I also find it a bit appalling she would dismiss Instagram so readily instead of giving us an unbiased take on that. I find it fascinating she used Instagram instead of TikTok. I think it is fine to call yourself old, but being lazy and not even trying to emphasize with the younger generation when making a video on it is unfortunate.

I think it's a good video, just doesn't seem like it's meant for tryhards like us who go to Hedi related threads online everyday. : ) I agree that Michelle's videos in general are better, but she also puts in way more effort when it comes to script and editing. This one felt more casual.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Yeah it's very quirky and if you're not French and familiar with that early 80s post-punk synth-pop scene it's not going to be very accessible. But Jacno was also part of a certain French subculture coined "Jeunes Gens Moderne" which had its own iconic styling :
91hUxshxejL._SL1500_.jpg

Hedi originally envisioned the Celine reboot around this theme as it was the name of the debut collection. Personally I thought it was brilliant, as a way to contrast the whole SLP L.A. era that didn't sit too well over here in Paris. Alas the referencing way too obscure to translate into mainstream sales. The LA Surf/Rock vibe was a much easier commercial direction to follow at SLP (as was the Pete Doherty indie rock era at DH).

I can see how the SS21 direction could be interpreted as a sign of defeat on a creative level but really it's just smart business in the present context. Also find it interesting that they chose to rebrand the menswear "CELINE HOMME" perhaps as a nod to DH and/or to masculinize what was always known as a womenswear label.

I wish I knew/ spoke French and the music behind it, don't have too much else to add unfortunately. The other French song that I do know is 7 heures du matin by Jacqueline Taieb, and I could definitely see it as the runway song for earlier Hedi Celine seasons, especially FW19. It's such a great "walking song", if you will, similar to She's Gone by Pypy (the Pallidium runway song).

Although I'm sure any French speaking people would be hilariously confused in regards to the lyrics, but the beat is sick haha

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Actually I'm not mad at all. I can't stand seeing fat girls with fat thighs squeeze themselves into sausage casings.

Skinny jeans carry a lot of cultural weight. Alternative. Edgy.

Lets be honest, so many people have gained weight during the pandemic and that's why skinny jeans aren't selling. If you're still shooting heroin in your parents basement then you're probably wearing skinny jeans.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru