• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's about time temps are going down... Bourbon heat...

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/struise-tsjeeses-reserva--bourbon/86177/

P1070168_zps2qqe6m3z.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a two-fisted drinker in my office at lunchtime. A triple Americano and an Isolation Ale by Odell Brewing (Fort Collins, CO).

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been about a month (October flew right by!) so I'm just going to post some highlights.

Still awestruck by this box I got about a month ago. Shipping to Belgium is always sooooooo expensive but pays off in the long run.

Of course I had to open something while unpacking/finding space in my closet. I think this one my least favorite Cantillons. Just a little too acidic and one dimensional. That said, it's still pretty damn good.

This one has to be one of the best beers I've ever had. Pretty much everything I'm looking for in a beer, acidic, funky, oaky and well balanced between the three. Highly recommend seeking this out.

My friend who works for Oxbow printed these t-shirts. Considering this is my favorite beer by them I had to have one. If only to make this picture happen.

Really solid dark saison/oud bruin. Still have to try more from them.

Very excited to try this one. I think I have one or two more and I will have tried every single one of Russian River's bottled offerings. This one has been my favorite thus far. Good balance between fruit, acid and funk.

I won these two in a charity raffle. Not sure when I will drink them... the ABV really scares me.

Heard mixed reviews of this but I really liked it. It wasn't acidic at all rather kind of sweet. Reminded me a lot of Allagash's Cuvee D'Industrial.

Took a Friday off and spent the weekend in Vermont. Went to Hill Farmstead of course and enjoyed a Civil Disobediance 13 in their new tasting room. Really great facility and there was virtually no wait time for growlers or bottles. Of course the following week was when the release a bunch of special bottles... I can't be too mad though. Their "shelf" beers are always great.

Got a bunch of hoppy growlers (Mosaic, Abner, Double Citra) but I think this one was my favorite.

Stocked up on a bunch of Anna. They changed the recipe since the last time they released it and I can't say that I'm in love with it. A lot more oak than the previous release. The lemony hint of acid is gone too. There's a bit of hoppy bitterness that I don't remember as well.

Wish this beer came out more often. A bit more restrained than their other DIPA's but I think that's what makes it great.

If you see this beer around, buy some! Seriously, this did not get the hype it deserves. Such a good fruit character to it, like drinking funky pear juice or green apples.

This box showed up over the weekend. Nothing but awesomeness. Excited to finally try SITR with Peaches.

New "table" (read: low ABV) version of Dorothy. I liked it but not my favorite from them.

Very excited for another tasting with @Concealed and @ocooney this weekend!

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, is there interest in doing a holiday beer-it-forward? Last year we had barely enough entrants to make it work. Also given some snafu's last year I think we'd have to keep it strictly for USA people.

I know @Ds13 and @Fueco had expressed interest in another thread. I think we'd need at least 10 people to make it worth while.

Last edited:

ocooney

Reaction score

By the way, is there interest in doing a holiday beer-it-forward? Last year we had barely enough entrants to make it work. Also given some snafu's last year I think we'd have to keep it strictly for USA people.

I know @Ds13 and @Fueco had expressed interest in another thread. I think we'd need at least 10 people to make it worth while.

In

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be down, I don't know a whole lot about beer (other than that I enjoy drinking it) but I'll try to gain some knowledge first.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so that's 3 including me.

Tagging some others who may be interested: @notwithit @thewho13 @concealed @Tooch4321 @cocostella @alexg @Cotton Dockers @nahneun @OmniscientCause @brp2 @indesertum (if you're back from Seoul) @otc @brp2 @Portland Dry Goods @archibaldleach @13k

If I can get a few more yes's in this thread I'll start a dedicated one. Last year's thread is here if anyone is curious.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i've love to join, but i don't think i can source anything particularly rare

ocooney

Reaction score

i've love to join, but i don't think i can source anything particularly rare

The idea in the past was not to send rare beers, but beers that are not distributed in the recipient's state. The $ threshold has been to spend at least $30 on beer before shipping.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
okay. that sounds fine to me then. sign me up. can i honestly just talk to the person i'm matched with and ask them what they can't get lol

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archipelagos