• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

svd

Reaction score
I opened a Burton Baton while cooking. Was hoping this would be like a good DIPA. Instead it is like a flat DIPA. I have better options on deck for dinner and after.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Picked up the new Rogue Voodoo maple bacon porter at WF last night. Any beer in a pink bottle with bacon on the front is gonna get got.

how is this?

seems like a huge funky buddha bite

had a rodenbach classic with moule frites in dc. was pretty good. woulda preferred something a little more sour, but it was a nice mixture of flanders red ale and brown ale

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Too many beers drank, too many beers to name, but they were all awesome...

Another one of your cool parties?

how is this?
seems like a huge funky buddha bite
had a rodenbach classic with moule frites in dc. was pretty good. woulda preferred something a little more sour, but it was a nice mixture of flanders red ale and brown ale

Will report back once I try it. I hope its better than Funky Buddah. That really isn't that good.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try making beer with a Mr Beer kit? Is it any good?

I was thinking about getting one for my son. It seems like a fun way to start. Good idea? Better suggestions?

Oski

Reaction score

I was thinking about getting one for my son. It seems like a fun way to start. Good idea? Better suggestions?

Got one for my dad last year for X-Mas.
We're going to make the first batch soon.
A year later :lol:
Will report back.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Scratch that. Go to your local beer/homebrew/beer craft store and buy a starter kit from them. Support your local businesses and they'll be happy to help when you inevitably **** something up.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another one of your cool parties?
Will report back once I try it. I hope its better than Funky Buddah. That really isn't that good.

Nah...we usually have been watching football and cracking open a couple. Hanging out with beer nerds is never cool...

alexg

Reaction score
I accidentally discovered today that Bouchon Bakery serves the Brooklyn Blue Apron Ale. That's one delicious beer, and I didn't need to spend $300 at Per Se to try it which is a definite plus.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
e689660e.jpg

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I accidentally discovered today that Bouchon Bakery serves the Brooklyn Blue Apron Ale. That's one delicious beer, and I didn't need to spend $300 at Per Se to try it which is a definite plus.

Yup. They have it at the place in TWC. I have been meaning to try it. How much was the bottle? Bouchon kicks ass.

Still want to try the barrel aged Brooklyn Local at Eleven Madison Park

Bond111

Reaction score
Last night I had Old Rasputin on Nitro tap, and I love O.R. in general, but the nitro made it sooooo smooth. It was outstanding from start to finish. It could have been served a little warmer, but it wasn't a big deal by any means.

Also had Two Hearted on tap, and compared to the bottle, a lot more of the apricot fruitiness came through, and the bitter hop presence wasn't nearly as present. Still good for sure, but I'm a hop head, and like the bitterness.

Tried the Rogue John John Hazelnut Brown aged in rum barrels, and I liked the regular version, and don't care much for rum anymore, but this was another tasty beer. Everything was just right. My good friend had about 4 pints he loved it so much. Got to sample some other beers that our bartender gal was kind enough to dish them out free. Anyone ever in Des Moines needs to hit El Bait Shop. I wish there was something like this closer to home, have to drive about 2 hours to get there, but totally worth it.

Had a good friend bring down some Surly from Minnesota with her over Thanksgiving. Brought me down some Wet, Bender, and Coffee Bender. The regular Bender was alright, but the Wet & C.B. was outstanding. I thought the C.B. was much better done than any other coffee beer I've had, including Bell's Java Stout. This was so much more lively, creamy, and just the right amount of roasty chocolate coffee notes that just was consistent on every level. I can't wait to try some more from Surly in the future. I let her know to check out Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery there too.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Brooklyn Black Ops any good? My friendly neighborhood beer store has some Bourbon County Stout and Black Ops bottles reserved for me. But I am not sure if I should spend the money on Black Ops. I think that Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is an average beer. Does the barrel aged version get a lot better?

Also... anyone know when Full Sail Black Gold comes out? That is good stuff.

Had an Abyss 2010 this week.... AWESOME. Totally lived up to the reputation.
Had a Parabola 2011 this week... good but not amazing. Did not live up to the reputation IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads