• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

@tellure I'd just order the wider tornado model. Pnp has some coming in Kangaroo color 19 at some point this year. The Office might be worth checking out now that they accept USD payments.

Speaking of has anyone owned tornados in kangaroo ?
I wonder if the leather feels solid enough to suit a boot like that especially with the wide last

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks like cdiem has an official instagram now https://www.instagram.com/cdiem_official/ @eckblk

Last edited:

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of has anyone owned tornados in kangaroo ?
I wonder if the leather feels solid enough to suit a boot like that especially with the wide last

i have owned both the black and the grey (color 19) tornadoes in kangaroo

I no longer have the black but still the grey. it is incredibly comfortable and VERY DURABLE

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i have owned both the black and the grey (color 19) tornadoes in kangaroo

I no longer have the black but still the grey. it is incredibly comfortable and VERY DURABLE

Did yours slouch after some time? Like slouchy heel area

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I dont know about the black, maybe i didnt own it long enough
but yes the grey one has in one foot. the right, but that has nothing to do with the leather. it has to do with the material used to support the heel of the footwear.

I buy these things not expecting CCP boots to function as a normal shoe. Whoever makes CCP boots/ shoots are not great shoemakers, but i'm buying them for the aesthetic. I mean the quality if his boots is good but NOT great compared to a boot from a traditional shoemaker. I can live with that, as conceptually his footwear is what i want to wear

the best CCP Boots i ever owned was a sidezip made by Premiata.......I had them for over 10 years and lost them in Paris is January............still sad.

Last edited:

Barcode

Reaction score
I'm not sure Ann D's boots strictly fit in this thread. But does anybody have a word about quality, and whether they are really welted or the stitching is just cosmetic?

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully these fit in this thread. Small boot manufacturers, privately owned, in a 200 year old building using 100 year old machines. 2artisnal4me...

I ordered these William Lennon boots back in February, about 10 or 11 weeks from ordering to receiving. There was some confusion on my end regarding sizing but luckily they are only about an hour and a half from my house so I just went down there and tried some on. I ordered UK9, which is my normal size. I think length-wise they are TTS or close to it, though they are super wide. I have narrow feet though so I usually run out of length before width. Someone with wide feet maybe could size down.

0_zpsefnzl4wy.jpg

1_zpskwdcw2vf.jpg

2_zpsljsuxm6y.jpg

3_zpsmfzabma9.jpg

4_zpsvwzyskyy.jpg

5_zpsv8qrgydv.jpg

6_zpsd5gv0cca.jpg

7_zpsm2sn21lo.jpg

8_zps5qspsgih.jpg

9_zpsavtzgkmr.jpg

They are very big and heavy boots. They don't bend in the middle at all, as the toe is curved enough to walk normally without it needing to. The leather is 'reversed waxed kip' (which I think means cow) and is pretty thick. I chose the rubber lug sole as everything else I own is leather soled and that gets dicey when walking around in the winter or going out on a trail or something.

I think I want to lace them differently. Most of the time I see boots like this, they're laced with the straight-across laces, though I need to figure out how to lace them so I can still easily get them on and off.

Also I took some pictures of the factory.

23_zpsujnuldpc.jpg

22_zpsbcdgseq0.jpg

24_zpscbkj8d0q.jpg

27_zps1vxjxiux.jpg

26_zpscxdmprjj.jpg

25_zps6eibx8ek.jpg

also we visited the local pub

IMG_8753_zpst3w3z4pk.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
there was some talk about those before in RFT , they're almost certainly the paul harnden boots except costing 75% less and not pre-distressed.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the time I see boots like this, they're laced with the straight-across laces, though I need to figure out how to lace them so I can still easily get them on and off.

Over-under lacing: https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/overunderlacing.htm

It looks stupid on almost all the shoes on which it's demonstrated on the site, but it looks much better on boots and is really convenient, since, as Ian notes, you can tighten or loosen them by pulling only on the "over" crosses.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look super crazy thick, hope you can move your feet :)

I can't move them at all when they're on, don't bend in the middle unless I try, but they're curved enough at the toe to walk normally. Around the ankle is still quite stiff, hoping it loosens up over time.

Over-under lacing: https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/overunderlacing.htm

It looks stupid on almost all the shoes on which it's demonstrated on the site, but it looks much better on boots and is really convenient, since, as Ian notes, you can tighten or loosen them by pulling only on the "over" crosses.

I ended up doing this method:

image_zpsxoeuwkvz.jpg

And it seems to work well, easy to get on and off, and way cleaner looking than the previous way I had them.

Last edited:

ckessani

Reaction score
I am going to be traveling to Asia in a couple weeks. It will be rainy season, but I still want to wear my reverse calf boots. Do you guys recommend any sort of protection, or just wear and let dry with shoe trees?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads