• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

docdocgs

Reaction score
A quick comparison of the newest two pairs, the grey horse revers and black kudu. Weird light, but pretty representative pictures. The grey is a bit darker IRL.

Kudu is thick and a little stiff, but not impossibly so. They're both really comfortable right out of the box.

Oski

Reaction score
My baller boot peeps, its been a long time. I've missed y'all.
I come here in search of guidance and your expertise to brush up my knowledge once again.

3 years ago i said I wanted white tornado CCP, 3 years later it might finally happen.
BUT FIRST, I have some questions for y'all...

So the boots are tagged size 8, i know CCP runs big and I think they might fit.
I wear a 43 in CP as well as in Ann D sneakers, and they fit pretty comfortably.
Would the size 8 in CCP work for me?

Also, what does this product code mean: CUBS/PTC-01
I know its a certain leather type (Horse?) and treatment, etc etc but my knowledge is dusty at this point.

Is this toe shape the narrowest there is available?

This toe box in the link appears to be narrower to me, or are they the same?

http://www.darklandsberlin.com/prod...ed-diagonal-zip-goodyear-boots-grey-striated/

The shaft on this looks pretty wide, does this mold and become closer to your foot shape with wear/over time?

Lastly, is this the highest stacked heel there is for CCP?

Pictures below. Thank you!

P.S - if it's a member on here that has this pair for sale, slide in my DM's.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Oski

1. Size equates to 10 so it should work.
2. CUBS is white tanned horse on the reverse side so it should be scarred with some parts of the leather reverse, similar to a1923 culatta.
3 yes narrowest
4 no it stays in shape and doesn't mold, needs to be much tighter to mold.
5. Yes Highest heel, you can add topy or vibrant if I like.

Good luck

Last edited:

Oski

Reaction score

@Oski

1. Size equates to 10 so it should work.
2. CUBS is white tanned horse on the reverse side so it should be scarred with some parts of the leather reverse, similar to a1923 culatta.
3 yes narrowest
4 no it stays in shape and doesn't mold, needs to be much tighter to mold.
5. Yes Hughes heel, you can add topy or vibrant if I like.

Good luck

You are the mf'n man! Thanks!

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Excellent. Color is a bit more muted in real life, it doesn't look like an eggplant or anything, more of a mauve.

Which one? Or neither?? I want an ankle-length zip boot.

Guidi Pl1

Guidi 796z (ankle height, double sole)

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, @nicelynice. I understand that the lavender Guidi boots have an earthy grey undertone so that the color is not very saturated. This would be my first pair of Guidis. I am considering the lavender or the same boots in bone color. Which is a better color to go with? I don't have anything in either color so I will be branching out in either case.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the Guidi backzip boots in the bone color. I've seen a couple used pairs and they just look kind gross when they age - the combination of the boots getting dirty plus the way they fold just makes them look beat up real quick. I'd prefer white in a more structured boot (CCP, etc.) or a lace-up.

Just a personal preference, though. Pic below, not my boots.

curiouscharles

Reaction score
the Z model is definitely the way to go [unless you go for the front zips you posted, also great proportions].

totally empathize with the bone colour after many wears, you have to be really in to / in for the "dirty" look to stay in love with them.

contemplating wearing my bone bison leather hikers as actual hiking boots this FW, can't decide whether i'll love having them go to complete muddy ****, or whether it will just fill me with regret / remorse. :/

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks, @nicelynice. I understand that the lavender Guidi boots have an earthy grey undertone so that the color is not very saturated. This would be my first pair of Guidis. I am considering the lavender or the same boots in bone color. Which is a better color to go with? I don't have anything in either color so I will be branching out in either case.

I'd go with the bone.

As for aging, they do get scuffed and dirty, but ime, not like the ones that @nicelynice showed. Mine, both horse, are more like, the original color with scuffs. Those seem to have been worn through a trench. I don't know how he got them that way. I wear my shoes hard, but that looks extreme. I suppose that if you actually took them hiking, through wet orconditions, maybe that would happen!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member