• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any point to nailing the rubber heels and soles? Or is it just for looks? I've never had either come off.

Sometimes, the stacked layers can get loose and the shoe will squeak while walking. I've had this happen on an older pair and fixed it by getting a few nails put in.

How're y'all planning on resoling your m_moriabcs?  Not sure how many cobblers can have wood pegs laying around?  Also is it officially now m_moriabc?  Before I thought it was m_moria and before that there was the Mem_mo_ries or Memoria or something?

The name has always been 'm_moriabc'. Altieiri refers to it as 'm_moria'.

Regarding re-soling; yes it is possible. Contact the store you get it from for an exact quote.

And LOL at sending shoes cross-country for protective layers and the prices payed; I'm lucky enough to just be able go to my local Seattle cobbler and get them back the same day for about $50 (heel and sole).

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One day we will learn that eckblk is actually Willie of Willie's and this thread has all been a sham in order to get suckers to send business his way. His reputed Texas base of operations is fictitious and his carpe pictures are from a Japanese cousin who doesn't speak English or use the internet.

They call that the long con.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lol add that to the long list of people who should be paying Eckblk for his marketing efforts.

-simone cecchetto
-maurizio altieria
-jpc9
-willie

The man has been responsible for more baller boot sales than anyone in the world

This is why the rest of us don't get invited to the showrooms

Last edited:

docdocgs

Reaction score
And LOL at sending shoes cross-country for protective layers and the prices payed; I'm lucky enough to just be able go to my local Seattle cobbler and get them back the same day for about $50 (heel and sole).

Seriously. I've got a guy half a mile away who does solid re-soling work for $40 (turn-around is usually a few days, though), and another guy in SF I can go to, drop them off, browse at The Archive for a while, and then pick them up 30 minutes (and potentially several thousand dollars) later. Blessed be.
However, I can definitely understand the motivation to try to find the "absolute best" when contemplating having any kind of work done on footwear of this caliber and price, and for some people that involves sending them to the guys who are mentioned here. Ya just don't wanna **** 'em up.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Oops: meant "protective sole application," not "re-soling" (which looks weird and is probably not even a word, even when hyphenated).

SirMeowly

Reaction score

Who's the cobbler you use in Seattle? I need to get the vibrams replaced on my ma+ boots.

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score
nah, willies is solid. i suppose a bit more expensive than others (i pay $75 for sole and heel) but you pay a bit more in LA i suppose. I appreciate the little details they do, such as carving out the contours to replicate the original curvature of the heel, or brushing the rubber to blend in and mimic the brushed leather of the original heel. They also intentionally use rubber with out the slightly cheese vibram labels/hashing which to me better holds true to the original aesthetic of the shoe/boot. Ultimately, that's their goal i believe, try to maintain the original aesthetic of the shoe. maybe not for everyone but its worth the extra $25 for me....

sinnedk, at first glance your vibramed layer-0 looked off to me when you posted pictures, i didn't think your cobbler balanced the heel. on closer inspection he did (I think), he just did a shite job of replicating the original bottom layer of the heel with the notch in it. The notch is crooked and also the original is beveled all around, I believe. anyway, that's the type of attention to detail i don't mind paying a little more for.

Brian SD

Reaction score
This place is a discussion board at its core and I think there's no reason why we couldn't have people posting review threads, especially for shoes that are harder to come by, like m-moriabc. If people are not interested it'll fall off the front page and if they are it'll stay alive.

Either way, something to read and more shoe Appreciation to look at while bored in the office will be welcome all round I reckon.

As a personal taste issue I've never been a fan of official mega-threads, because it's so much more cumbersome to browse through. Each thread becomes like a miniature forum except without the ability to break up subtopics into separate threads. Just my take on it though.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seriously. I've got a guy half a mile away who does solid re-soling work for $40 (turn-around is usually a few days, though), and another guy in SF I can go to, drop them off, browse at The Archive for a while, and then pick them up 30 minutes (and potentially several thousand dollars) later. Blessed be.
However, I can definitely understand the motivation to try to find the "absolute best" when contemplating having any kind of work done on footwear of this caliber and price, and for some people that involves sending them to the guys who are mentioned here. Ya just don't wanna **** 'em up. 

who is your guy in sf?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nah, willies is solid. i suppose a bit more expensive than others (i pay $75  for sole and heel) but you pay a bit more in LA i suppose. I appreciate the little details they do, such as carving out the contours to replicate the original curvature of the heel, or brushing the rubber to blend in and mimic the brushed leather of the original heel. They also intentionally use rubber with out the slightly cheese vibram labels/hashing which to me better holds true to the original aesthetic of the shoe/boot. Ultimately, that's their goal i believe, try to maintain the original aesthetic of the shoe. maybe not for everyone but its worth the extra $25 for me....

sinnedk, at first glance your vibramed layer-0 looked off to me when you posted pictures, i didn't think your cobbler balanced the heel. on closer inspection he did (I think), he just did a shite job of replicating the original bottom layer of the heel with the notch in it. The notch is crooked and also the original is beveled all around, I believe. anyway, that's the type of attention to detail i don't mind paying a little more for.

i think he did a really good job at splitting the back heel and he followed the L0 heel pattern, looks pretty dope in person. No idea what you are talking about. I've seen some **** vibram jobs and he is far from it.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i dunno, just looks janky to me. but maybe i'm trippin (and looking at it again, i don't think he balanced the heel)
cold be angle of pic, i didn't notice that, also the actual heel slants a little before vibram, anyways i don't think it looks bad.

Last edited:

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score
next time you bring them in you might want to walk him through removing a layer of the sole before applying the vibram (which should be the same thickness as the layer of sole he removed), so the the height of the sole remains the same

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads