• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my a1923 are a far less vibrant red but they are at a perfect break in point right now too.

Last edited:

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nicelynice the ones you just posted are submersion dyed, are yours through and through red like that? Stitching, soles, lining, everything red? Mine are painted from the outside so the lining is still natural and you can see tiny amounts of red bleeding onto that at the edge. I would imagine that to get the superhero vibrant reds they might have to be fully dunked in the dye vats.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they're object-dyed red the whole way through. I'd check for you, but at 10 PM at night it's still 90 degrees out and I'm not leaving my air-conditioned bedroom :)

I love the hand-painted ones like that, though. I have a pair of Guidis like that as well, cool to see the natural interior. M_moria is the same way

Last edited:

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shelter has a new website which is quite nice. Their fw15 buys for BBS, taichi, LUC, ma+ are up.

Taichi Murakami horse leather - perfect until you get to the horizontal pockets
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
The horizontal pockets take it out of the douchy-rock/moviestar-I-live-in-LA look and into a more historically-researched-garment place. It's sill a black leather jacket but is subtly more sophisticated. I like it.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That design on the leather was shown in a cotton ventile like fabric too, I quite liked the collection. Norwegian welted boots anyone?

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pockets aren't horizontal, that's like a 3D flap that helps them open wide, similar to CCP

edit: nevermind, I think I'm wrong. Pretty sure the same pockets as this

KyYFhkJ.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads