• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sepp

Reaction score
I got 2 emails from gr@iled also asking me to list the one piece tornado bought recently. LOL!

Exdeath

Reaction score

Pretty conventional, I just wanted something with a more structured toe than guidi meatsocks. Just need a pair of a1923 dual zips and I'll be happy

I got 2 emails from gr@iled also asking me to list the one piece tornado bought recently. LOL!

Oops, that was probably me too ahaha

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pretty conventional, I just wanted something with a more structured toe than guidi meatsocks. Just need a pair of a1923 dual zips and I'll be happy
Oops, that was probably me too ahaha

those are nice...

Exdeath

Reaction score

bonus: current 'baller' boot pictures (notre x viberg guidi calf)

as befits SF stereotype, i actually am a nerdy asian IT guy

Exdeath

Reaction score
^^Ridin' the JR Line?
smile.gif

Edit: didn't see that was an office. Looked at first glance to be an extremely clean subway car.

similar

my office is open-concept, sterile, pristine on the outside, and probably has something horrible growing in the ventilation system judging by how many people get sick

Donut

Reaction score
Anyone have experience stretching out the instep of s21m's? The one's I just got from nahneun fit well length and width wise but the instep is just too tight right now. I know that if I sized up, the length would be way too long as there is the perfect amount of room right now in the toebox. Would stretching out the instep ruin the shape too much?

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Donut did you size down?

Take them to a cobbler; the have him stretch the instep; there is tool they use. You can buy the tool on Amazon but it's probably not worth it. I would worry about the shape too much unless your instep it's really high.

@uzairh has DIY remedy but it's G14 classified.

Last edited:

Donut

Reaction score

Take them to a cobbler; the have him stretch the instep; there is tool they use. You can buy the tool on Amazon but it's probably not worth it.

No I went TTS. Yeah I was going to drop by the cobbler next week, I just really hope it doesn't ruin the sleek shape too much.

Last edited:

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Take them to a cobbler; the have him stretch the instep; there is tool they use. You can buy the tool on Amazon but it's probably not worth it. I would worry about the shape too much unless your instep it's really high.

Ha ha! That was a fun movie...

Incase anyone is interested, I have done this by taking a tennis ball, wrapping it in a sock and putting it in the instep. You can use more socks to increase the width as needed. Left it in the boots for a few days and voila! To help with the stretch, you can spray some boot stretching fluid (yes, there is such a thing) on the inside of the shoe before putting the ball in.

It worked on my C. Diems, and for others that I have mentioned this to.

fireflygrave

Reaction score
How snugly should Guidi backzips fit? I've heard that they should be pretty tight. how much toe room do I need, assuming they'll stretch a bit?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha ha! That was a fun movie...

Incase anyone is interested, I have done this by taking a tennis ball, wrapping it in a sock and putting it in the instep. You can use more socks to increase the width as needed. Left it in the boots for a few days and voila! To help with the stretch, you can spray some boot stretching fluid (yes, there is such a thing) on the inside of the shoe before putting the ball in.

It worked on my C. Diems, and for others that I have mentioned this to.

Seconding this - thanks for the tip, btw. I didn't have a tennis ball so I put in a shoe tree and then jammed a ball of socks between the instep and the top of the shoe tree as best I could. I'd leave it in overnight and then wear the shoes for 2-3 hours. After two days of this they fit perfectly.

How snugly should Guidi backzips fit? I've heard that they should be pretty tight. how much toe room do I need, assuming they'll stretch a bit?

How thick is the leather? Guidi will stretch pretty well to fit your feet as it's just a single piece of leather. Mine were tight in the toes to begin with but have now stretched out to the point I can comfortably wear an insole. If they're causing you intense discomfort they're probably too tight, however.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New to the Family. Was waffling on these all spring and finally caved (thanks, Eck). Idol Brooklyn FTW. Great service and good people. Ordered yesterday and received today.

These look great. It's also one style where the leather softening into sock mode actually works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads