• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

/\ The black linen is much nicer than the "gray".

I absolutely love my "gray" pair.

To each their own, of course, and I'm still only a year into understanding the aesthetic. But I find the color (at least in the pair I got) to be endlessly entertaining and really something different and special.

slerpen

Reaction score
Any boot ballers out there in the NYC area my band is playing a free show tonight (Sunday, 4/19) at The Bowery Electric.

Would be great to meet you IRL.

Cheers,

~ATG

Club website

Facebook event
I'll try to make it out this evening. Always down for some good live music.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eck you wouldn't happen to be a size 48-50?

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you do with the grey pants? Also is anywhere selling the dirty white over pants?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@uzairh Amazing pick-ups, thanks so much for sharing.

Storm-welted model via FB. How does Cordovan fair in the elements?

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\ Thanks! I am really happy with them.

The 'Brvise' color has these subtle variations which gives it 'depth'. It is magnificent to look at in any light or from any angle.

I have wanted a pair of dark red derbies for a while. The best color I had seen was from the special edition Layer-0 derbies that I handled at Sartorialoft a couple of years ago:

And I wasn't sure I would be able to find something as good. A1923 tried, but the L-0s look better to me:

And then along came M_moria with a better option (IMO).

I have said this before, and I will say it again:

Nothing beats shell cordovan. Nothing beats Altieri.

Last edited:

docdocgs

Reaction score
/\ Thanks! I am really happy with them.

The 'Brvise' color has these subtle variations which gives it 'depth'. It is magnificent to look at in any light or from any angle.

I have wanted a pair of dark red derbies for a while. The best color I had seen was from the special edition Layer-0 derbies that I handled at Sartorialoft a couple of years ago:

And I wasn't sure I would be able to find something as good. A1923 tried, but the L-0s look better to me:

And then along came M_moria with a better option (IMO).

I have said this before, and I will say it again:

Nothing beats shell cordovan. Nothing beats Altieri.

Gotta agree, those new derbies are gorgeous. The depth of color is evident even on the computer screen.
And yes, shell cordovan is an exceptional leather. It can (and should, IMO) be beaten up, given its (proven, to me) reputation for toughness. And don't forget the deer bone!

VERY excited to see what Simone does with his shell cordovan. Impossible to imagine it coming out shiny, right?

Fit is tts. But better.

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I wish I could find some side/back zips or lace up boots from cd in a smooth leather. I just never owned a pair and want one.
I know you can't even come close to compare the quality of construction but my Buttero back zips look damn near C Diem. They have held up really well too.

Buttero, mine are smooth matte calf though, I just did a conditioning of everything so I'll get a good natural light shot of the whole lineup soon.

Carpe Diem

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads