• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I kopped two pair of reverse backzips in horse for 1500 CAD shipped, brand new

Love a good deal

Especially when RRP is getting ******* silly

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

JSAN

Reaction score
they are 250 less because many are consigned and use. condition is always good though
Actually, they start off around ~$1000, then slowly move lower towards $750 over time. These are the brand new Guidi with boxes.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs for insoles for Guidi boots? Will the drug store thin ones just be a waste or is it better to go with Taco or something like that? Mine fit fine, just looking for a little arch support.

Thanks.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Theyre looking good.

You dont see black SBUC very frequently, everyone seems to order black in veg tanned/LUC except one recent buy at PNP

I wonder why that is? LUC is I assume softer and heavier given the veg tanning. Does SBUC come out a more pure black?

Not sure either. Sbuc is white tanned then dyed black and comes out more matte black IMO.

Any recs for insoles for Guidi boots? Will the drug store thin ones just be a waste or is it better to go with Taco or something like that? Mine fit fine, just looking for a little arch support.

Thanks.

Check rei, you can open boxes and try the insoles out.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it's a little of both I'm looking for. The boots fit well but I could use an extra quarter inch of padding over the whole foot just for the heck of it. And if I was going to do that I figure I'd add a bit of arch support in there as well.

I have the smaller white inserts for some of my sneaks. But didn't think they'd be as easy to adapt to in zip up boots.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Picked these vintage CCP up from ebay, but they're too small *******. Colour is amazing, such a shame

The upper is stapled to the sole along the sides like you can see, but the leather is so thick I don't know how they managed it.

Interesting to see how the toe shape has changed over time

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arch support real talk: I love insoles, I buy all my shoes specifically to wear with insoles, usually going up a half size. I couldn't imagine wearing a pair of shoes without insoles now. If you don't need arch support, I'd imagine Taco or a pair of supermarket cheap insoles or nothing would be fine, depending on your boots/shoes.

For boots, I'll always put Superfeet in them. I find them the most comfortable and durable. Get thee to an REI or other store that lets you try them on and find the one that works the best for you (and your specific pair of boots). Here's a list so you can get an idea:

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals

For derbies, Carpe boots with a really low instep, or shoes that just fit pretty well without insoles, even the lowest profile Superfeet still have too much volume. Pedag Viva with arch support is basically high quality Taco insoles with arch-support and they don't add much volume to the inside of the shoe. The leather will also compress as you wear them and give a very good fit while still providing arch support:

http://www.amazon.com/Pedag-Orthoti...8576617&sr=1-7&keywords=pedag+leather+insoles

I do a lot of walking and standing when I'm out and I couldn't walk 5-10 kilometers in my baller boots/shoes without insoles.

I wouldn't wear baller boots for hiking around in the snow if they weren't comfortable:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Very nice.

What size are they?

Well they say "2" on the bottom whatever that means. I'd say they're somewhere between 40.5 and 41.5 Euro sizing

Just noticed the leather sole has a groove cut transversely across it, to act as a flex point I guess

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Arch support real talk: I love insoles, I buy all my shoes specifically to wear with insoles, usually going up a half size. I couldn't imagine wearing a pair of shoes without insoles now. If you don't need arch support, I'd imagine Taco or a pair of supermarket cheap insoles or nothing would be fine, depending on your boots/shoes.
For boots, I'll always put Superfeet in them. I find them the most comfortable and durable. Get thee to an REI or other store that lets you try them on and find the one that works the best for you (and your specific pair of boots). Here's a list so you can get an idea:

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals

For derbies, Carpe boots with a really low instep, or shoes that just fit pretty well without insoles, even the lowest profile Superfeet still have too much volume. Pedag Viva with arch support is basically high quality Taco insoles with arch-support and they don't add much volume to the inside of the shoe. The leather will also compress as you wear them and give a very good fit while still providing arch support:

http://www.amazon.com/Pedag-Orthoti...8576617&sr=1-7&keywords=pedag+leather+insoles

I do a lot of walking and standing when I'm out and I couldn't walk 5-10 kilometers in my baller boots/shoes without insoles.

I wouldn't wear baller boots for hiking around in the snow if they weren't comfortable:

Thanks, Nicely.

I ordered a pair of the black Superfeet from Amazon. Will see how it goes when they come in next week.

Thanks for your detailed response. Very cool info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads