• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would they have sock effect? The leather is pliable but it still has resistance. Honestly like any boot as long as your not being dumb and running the toe box into things you shouldn't have an issue.

because a lot of guidis look like melted leather socks.

kloss

Reaction score
not a fan of the squishy toe box either. any model can be ordered with the cap though i believe.

foo.gif

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
well it's sad Atelier New York is closing although I never really didn't buy anything from them before.

Must be hard to maintain a business selling 5k leather jacket and 2k boots, even in New York.

twdawson

Reaction score
anyone have advice on how to condition 'destroyed horse' ?

picked up a pair of carpe clogs on y! and they could use a bit of nourishment.

normally i'd just use renovateur but i thought that might flatten their abraded texture

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, cobbler only added vibram to the vamp, but no heel. Based on my heel wear, the cobbler said no need until I wear them down in which a vibram heel can then be added.

Like I said it cost $105 for two shoes. Bit pricey.

Another note, the 988 backzip in reverse horse seems to be too thin for the cold. My feet were freezing on New Years lul..

chirz

Reaction score
I'm interested in custom ordering a pair of guidis but I'm concerned about the sizing--is the sizing variance between leathers only in effect until the shoe is worn in? As far as color choice, is there a gallery of what's available? And is there any reason to choose hide-m or pnp over the other? Thanks for any suggestions.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I only have uniqlo socks. What wool socks do you recommend that are in plain colors?

Feji

Reaction score
Smartwool. If you're trying to wear the spring/summer unlined backzips in winter, not sure if wool socks will help much though. I've given up wearing my pair of unlined reverse calf backzips during the winter. My pair of lined chelseas are fine with uniqlo socks though.

Pangolin

Reaction score
I have Muji socks from a few years ago and some generic stuff I pick up when I go to the fishermen coops back home. Nothing special but it keeps me warm enough.

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always wondered is there a way to straighten the upturn toe besides just wear over time? I never really understood the reasoning for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads