• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Bergfabel? Apparently Reinhard Plank's brother. Seems like a complete Paul Harnden rip-off, but the quality was just as good (if not better) for half the price - jackets are around $1200 instead of $2400.

Vb7mOOb.jpg

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah that must be the japanese brand they were talking about on sz. i think they said yeah its pretty much a straight ph rip off, but quality of construction is probably nicer ;p find out if they do a men's mac and make my size please thanks :)

That jacket in particular looks more like a1923 to me.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Mac, unfortunately. And yeah, they are a bit more like A1923 - cleaner than PH. It's an Italian brand, though, not Japanese

Styling is absolutely terrible here (the collar isn't really meant to be folded, better worn as a coat than a jacket), but considering this in a heavy tweed in lieu of the PH mac. Has a wonderful bell shape when viewed from the side

Last edited:

hazmat

Reaction score
Did the jackets have the leather button back ala Harnden as well?
This is a rip off sure but does not have that Harnden essence dont you think?
Guess him & Simone can be BFF's whilst trolling the stores for inspiration.

Honestly , I cant wait for the day someone just straights up rips on A1923 same quality for half the price. A taste of his own medicine if you must!

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not agree that Simone really rips off any brands. He gets heavily inspired, yes, no one can argue with that, but the outcome is distinctly different from the source of inspiration. If we take CCP side-zip/tornado boots and Augusta's dual/spiral zips - yes, they look somewhat similar but only to a certain extent. You can easily tell which is which. On the other hand, Simone does make a lot of other stuff that is straight up Augusta (e.g. work boots). I do agree about the pricing though. There should be limits for Christ's sakes.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had this conversation before. On the other hand, no one's forcing you to join this conversation.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would not agree that Simone really rips off any brands. He gets heavily inspired, yes, no one can argue with that, but the outcome is distinctly different from the source of inspiration. If we take CCP side-zip/tornado boots and Augusta's dual/spiral zips - yes, they look somewhat similar but only to a certain extent. You can easily tell which is which. On the other hand, Simone does make a lot of other stuff that is straight up Augusta (e.g. work boots). I do agree about the pricing though. There should be limits for Christ's sakes.

oh, good, let's have this conversation again.

LOL yea it is beating a dead horse now, i guess no one likes things going up in price like crazy for no reason

phyills

Reaction score

Agreed, but let's not get this convo going over here :D

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have tried on a lot of different brands mentioned here, is there any one brand that you consider the most comfortable?

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
& a properly beatdown pair of s23's

These are great, I always love pics of properly worn boots, something I sometimes miss in this thread (best of SF). I also miss more fit pics, sometimes when I see one I'm surprised by how much chunkier/slimmer some boots look when worn vs. standalone pics.

And the more I learn about artisanal boots, the more I appreciate Carpes. Damn I wish I had learn about these boots when CD were still around. For me a pair of S23M and a pair of S21M or S40M would fullfil all my boots needs.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was asking recently about boots with buckles... these 10 sei 0 otto are at 70% off at Antonioli (just 163€), sz. 42 left (if sizing works like in other models, it should be good for a 43), maybe someone wants a pair of beaters? I think they look cool.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member