• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sinnedk I get what you wanted to do but simply saying that you think Deepti is boring and you don't like it will not start a discussion. You need evidence to support your opinion, especially on forums like SZ, where simply replying 'lol' will not fly.

The guy that said you're uniformed was kinda right. You said Deepti is an extension of CCP (look who is an 'extension' of the Continues Collection), and thats largely true since she was the pattern maker for CCP and basically stuck with the same patterns she originally created (hence faust's comment). But, she has also experimented with new techniques. Glass lapels, zig zag zipper/seams, silver infused fabric; probs others but I don't follow the brand. Wether you like what she's produced or not, it's not boring. Repetitive, maybe.

SZ would be better without Faust though. He's a toxic asset

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's weird is that IIRC Faust has been critical of Deepti as well, and not in a significantly deeper way.

I don't see why she'd be stuck with the same patterns she created. If you're striking out on your own, shouldn't you be expected to make new patterns? If anyone's stuck it's CCP, since his patternmaker left.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perfectos, not double riders. "What I am afraid most of is one of those basic bitches trying to find communion in the fact that both of us are technically wearing perfectos."

This reminds me of when Moo posted a fit wearing an Armani (iirc) leather and got attacked for having the wrong 'ethos'

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sinnedk I get what you wanted to do but simply saying that you think Deepti is boring and you don't like it will not start a discussion. You need evidence to support your opinion, especially on forums like SZ, where simply replying 'lol' will not fly.

The guy that said you're uniformed was kinda right. You said Deepti is an extension of CCP (look who is an 'extension' of the Continues Collection), and thats largely true since she was the pattern maker for CCP and basically stuck with the same patterns she originally created (hence faust's comment). But, she has also experimented with new techniques. Glass lapels, zig zag zipper/seams, silver infused fabric; probs others but I don't follow the brand. Wether you like what she's produced or not, it's not boring. Repetitive, maybe.

SZ would be better without Faust though. He's a toxic asset

Regarding the uninformed part, that's actually not true. I know about her silver and glass experiments. I've also handled items at the archive. I probably came off as uninformed.

In my opinion repetition leads to boredom. I am not saying CCP is any less boring now since they just re-release things from past collections.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's weird is that IIRC Faust has been critical of Deepti as well, and not in a significantly deeper way.

I don't see why she'd be stuck with the same patterns she created. If you're striking out on your own, shouldn't you be expected to make new patterns? If anyone's stuck it's CCP, since his patternmaker left.

Ya idk. Maybe that's her best ideas hah. Tachi Murakami is a good example of someone who previously worked for a major name as a pattern maker (ma+) but successfully found his own after leaving.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He hates CcP so I have no idea why such a reaction. Probably hates me more even though I barely post.

This reminds me of when Moo posted a fit wearing an Armani (iirc) leather and got attacked for having the wrong 'ethos'

OMG that was extra stupid

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
faust has an extremely myopic and excessively narcissistic view of the world. anything that he can't compartmentalize into his expected world order is distasteful and deserving of his petty condescension.

Last edited:

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is all true and that DR post is a good example, but it's also true that sinnedk's posts were all contentless. sure everyone can have an opinion, but we don't have to hear it unless you back it up with an argument / discussion

@thatoneguy said it nicer and more eloquently. I'm too impatient to not be a dick

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

this is all true and that DR post is a good example, but it's also true that sinnedk's posts were all contentless. sure everyone can have an opinion, but we don't have to hear it unless you back it up with an argument / discussion

@thatoneguy
 said it nicer and more eloquently. I'm too impatient to not be a dick

this forum is no stranger to that :foo:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is exactly what I was thinking. Fine, it's her skills that defined the 2010 collection (and probably others). But the silhouettes and the work is and has been attributed to CCP for the longest time. The 1st collection gets a pass and she is doing something interesting by incorporating silver with the fabric. The 2nd? I know the inspiration is the movie Crash but it's just lackluster. In my opinion, it comes out as the CCP 2010 version 2. Same form with just crash seams. Probably if she moved away from the patterns and silhouettes used with CCP, the 2nd collection would then be disassociated from CCP.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i'm not a designer or a patternmaker, so obviously take this with a grain of salt and feel free to correct whatever needs to be said because i don't really know how much they should overlap, but i think the really important distinction that people are forgetting is that she was the pattern marker for ccp and not the designer of ccp. she was responsible for executing someone else's vision. perhaps it is simply the natural course of her past experience and work to result in the current derivative experimentation. as tog said, she experiments with techniques, but she's not really innovating on design. maybe it's because she doesn't have a vision for something new (yet).

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
What she's done with the "crash" seams is a beginning of an experiment. It's what patternmakers do. Patternmaking is equivalent to architecture in the sense that a creator must build from pieces until it becomes whole. And honestly, for anyone that knows anything about clothing production, those pieces are unbelievably difficult to understand how she was able to have them produced. And perhaps that doesn't translate well to the layperson. I see that collection as a test for her producers more than anything else.

And maybe now she knows how far she can push her designs.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i think a more apt analogy would be to say that the designer is the architect, the patternmaker is the engineer, and the producer is the construction crew...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
niyoremansy