• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

mountainman3520

Reaction score
Can anyone decode the Guidi part numbering system for me?

There website doesn't seem to work correctly. I can't get the men's shoes photos to show, other than the one photo that comes up first. Doesn't seem to be a way to move through their catalog or match up item numbers and descriptions with photos. They need a decent web designer!

They do have a pricelist online that shows numerous variations. I'm focused on the rear zip models.

I've figured out that the 986 is ankle, 988 is mid calf, and 989 is high.

What do the suffixes MS and s mean? There are all the combos, none, MS, s, MS s.

Also they list "basic", "cordovan", and "modulated". Is the basic = cow hide, cordovan = horse hide, and modulated = distressed?

Any other pointers for the Guidi options and features?

Is Guidi only available in a handful of set combos that vary each season? Or do they have a MTO system with all sorts of options? If so, how does one know what they are?

Thanks

JSAN

Reaction score
To clarify, I was making a point on how Mmorias look a lot like Aldens. As you say not very exciting but definitely well made and no shame in having them.

wormwood

Reaction score

well, A roll
aw15/16 scarred cordovan
ss12 destroyed oiled culatta
aw14/15 hot red cordovan

docdocgs

Reaction score
To clarify, I was making a point on how Mmorias look a lot like Aldens. As you say not very exciting but definitely well made and no shame in having them.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Sometimes, I'll wear one of each to work. I'm laughing inside all day long cuz no one ever notices.

mountainman3520

Reaction score
What do people think of these? They look like a potential ***** to install/remove as I don't think there is a cheater zip.

Seller says they are Guidi 998, new in box. But I can't find any other photos on the web showing a high lace like this as being a 998. So I'm wondering what's up.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do people think of these? They look like a potential ***** to install/remove as I don't think there is a cheater zip.

Seller says they are Guidi 998, new in box. But I can't find any other photos on the web showing a high lace like this as being a 998. So I'm wondering what's up.

They are completely wrong about the model number. Edit - there doesn't seem to be a model called the 998. This is a much higher laceup. It could be the 997:

I would recommend against wearing these through TSA security unless you want people to truly hate you.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There website doesn't seem to work correctly. I can't get the men's shoes photos to show, other than the one photo that comes up first. Doesn't seem to be a way to move through their catalog or match up item numbers and descriptions with photos. They need a decent web designer!

They do have a pricelist online that shows numerous variations. I'm focused on the rear zip models.

What do the suffixes MS and s mean? There are all the combos, none, MS, s, MS s.

Also they list "basic", "cordovan", and "modulated". Is the basic = cow hide, cordovan = horse hide, and modulated = distressed?

Is Guidi only available in a handful of set combos that vary each season? Or do they have a MTO system with all sorts of options? If so, how does one know what they are?

Thanks
MS has no toe box structure.

You can get pretty much whatever you want, in whatever options you want, through www.hide-m.com

curiouscharles

Reaction score

There website doesn't seem to work correctly.  I can't get the men's shoes photos to show, other than the one photo that comes up first.  Doesn't seem to be a way to move through their catalog or match up item numbers and descriptions with photos.  They need a decent web designer!

They do have a pricelist online that shows numerous variations.  I'm focused on the rear zip models.

What do the suffixes MS and s mean?  There are all the combos, none, MS, s, MS s.

Also they list "basic", "cordovan", and "modulated".  Is the basic = cow hide, cordovan = horse hide, and modulated = distressed?

Is Guidi only available in a handful of set combos that vary each season?  Or do they have a MTO system with all sorts of options?  If so, how does one know what they are?

Thanks

ms means no toe cap.

s refers to the shaft diameter, s is for "small" shaft [personally, i ALWAYS order S shaft, anything else just goes way loose and gives you a floppy / loose / wide opening].

you're bang on with the model numbers and what they refer to, but if you're in the market for a back-zip model, please look at the 700 range instead.

they have a thicker stacked heel, and thicker sole, which just gives them much nicer proportions overall imho [especially after being worn a decent amount, the 900 range boots just look ... wimpy to me].

not sure entirely what "basic" refers to, as Guidi doesn't use that term anywhere when ordering from them so...

but, modulated just means that the leather has been shaved thinner, so you can end up with modulated bison leather boots [for example] that have all the beautiful grain of bison leather - but with less overall weight.

their cordovan isn't shell cordovan or anything, it's just "cordovan contrari", or horse butt leather - still great and i love their cordovan stuff.

anyway, there IS tons of options, and they're adding new ones each season - so always just contact a retailer if you want the full skinny on everything.

or you know, just send me a PM. ;)

hope that helps!

MS has no toe box structure.

You can get pretty much whatever you want, in whatever options you want, through www.hide-m.com 

well, no you can't, not right now anyway.

Guidi just moved factory and they're not taking custom orders again yet [any retailer you tells you otherwise just wants to take your money ;p ].

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ms means no toe cap.

s refers to the shaft diameter, s is for "small" shaft [personally, i ALWAYS order S shaft, anything else just goes way loose and gives you a floppy / loose / wide opening].

you're bang on with the model numbers and what they refer to, but if you're in the market for a back-zip model, please look at the 700 range instead.

they have a thicker stacked heel, and thicker sole, which just gives them much nicer proportions overall imho [especially after being worn a decent amount, the 900 range boots just look ... wimpy to me].

not sure entirely what "basic" refers to, as Guidi doesn't use that term anywhere when ordering from them so...

but, modulated just means that the leather has been shaved thinner, so you can end up with modulated bison leather boots [for example] that have all the beautiful grain of bison leather - but with less overall weight.

their cordovan isn't shell cordovan or anything, it's just "cordovan contrari", or horse butt leather - still great and i love their cordovan stuff.

anyway, there IS tons of options, and they're adding new ones each season - so always just contact a retailer if you want the full skinny on everything.

or you know, just send me a PM.
wink.gif

hope that helps!
well, no you can't, not right now anyway.

Guidi just moved factory and they're not taking custom orders again yet [any retailer you tells you otherwise just wants to take your money ;p ].
Welp. you learn something new every day.

I rather like the 900 series - but maybe I'm a wimp... :(

curiouscharles

Reaction score

Welp. you learn something new every day.  

I rather like the 900 series - but maybe I'm a wimp... :(

bwahaha - no, no, i keed, i keed!

just personal preference - i like my Guidis to hold their shape [& to have a bit more, in the first place] is all!

hence my excitement over the polished calf leather coming this fall - all the shape holding, mmmmm.

edit: oh man, those m.a+ above are amazing. /drool

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads