• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoetree

Reaction score

Ordered a pair of cordovan #8 LHS and was told by the store they're on backorder and waiting for delivery from Alden. Was quoted 3 weeks lead time. Anyone knows whats a rough wait time for a backorder?

Unless you ordered an unusual size, I would think the store would have an accurate estimate for delivery considering this is a stock model. If not, there should be other stores that have it in stock. Enjoy them.

RSR3

Reaction score
In regards to restorations, just received these 9015s back from an extended stay in Middleborough, MA. Definitely impressed with the outcome. My first experience with Alden's Restoration Services. The color is darker (these had a strong ruby tone originally), but some of the nice patina has remained intact, which I definitely enjoy on #8.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Rstldr

Reaction score

Cigar wingtip boots from AoM; first wear

They are hideous. If 10.5E allow me to help alleviate you of the hideousness.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few thoughts random on Alden recrafting..........
  • While my first experience was not good, I have since become a huge fan
  • @chipshot , I doubt that I would ever send another pair of light (i.e. Whiskey and certain shades of ravello) for refinishing. My first experience was with a pair of previouslying owned whiskey PTB's. What I got back was not an improvement. I knew they would likely be a little darker but it was a shade that I still can't describe. Sold the shoes a week later.
  • To the member who asked about sending a new to him pair back, the shoes look good as it but they will look so much better after Alden recrafts them. I was in a similar situation with my LHS's, was on the fence and finally decided to send them back. The result was incredible. So good that I just sent my pre-owned AoM monk wingtips. They look similar to yours but I cant wait to get them back.
  • I'm not a big patina guy, maybe because I still don't really know what it is, but what Alden does with their color 8 finish is as good as it gets IMO. I will never hesitate to send in color 8's for recrafting.
  • I just picked up a pair of BB tassels (love the foxing on the back) off the bay and they have already been sent in to Alden (yes, I have 2 pairs in their queue). The only hesitation I had was that these have the contrast stitching, which looks pretty cool. However, after seeing @chipshot tassels earlier this week, I'm fine with losing the contrast stitching.
  • My suggestion with any special requests is to reach out to Brenda with an email. I have found her to be very helpful with all of my 'accomodations'

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Alden Ravello Leisure Handsewn.
-Mike
nephew, good looking combo, outstanding shine on your lhs

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

black lhs
merino wool argyles otc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads