• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevisIsland

Reaction score

Ravello Brixtons. A dude at work noticed that the right one is a bit lighter than the other. He asked if I was going to put some polish on it to even them out.

Grail. No spoilers.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one selfish plus that I took from this discussion was the guy that was saying he is a C-width in Barrie and wishes the combination last was A/D not either A/C or B/D because the heel is too wide. That's EXACTLY how I feel in barrie shoes. I need a C-width in a LWB but my 9.5D barrie boots fit perfectly.

Yeah, that was me. And I really do wish that they offered an A/D Barrie. But at that point, I might as well wish for a Nephew Barrie last.

@kwhitelaw

Love the boots! Where did you get the non Alden pair?!

thank you sir! Galways came from W.R. & Co, right before their price jump. I think they came to $927 shipped, couldnt pass them up

Ugh, I really need to get some Galways. Such an iconic boot.

The pair of J Crew punch cap toe boots I have definitely feel different than most other Barrie lasted shoes and boots. But it's far from enough of a difference that I (emphasis on I) would feel the need to get a different size.
I should point out that this punch cap toe (from Epaulet) feels even tighter, but not enough different that I would get a different size. People's feet are a continuous function and one is trying to get a stepping function (shoe size) to fit so to speak. It doesn't surprise me at all that someone who is near the border between sizes would need to size differently for the J Crew boot.

Those look fantastic in calf. I am imagining them in Ravello, however...
drool.gif

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello Brixtons. A dude at work noticed that the right one is a bit lighter than the other. He asked if I was going to put some polish on it to even them out.

1f600.png

I've heard that before as well but mine are significantly different.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

king lhs merino wool argyles otc
Awesome loafer Mac with a great shine and patina.
pleasantly surprise to see these dropped off today.. excuse the chinos, wasn't wearing boot with them earlier
and non alden related ,but arrived yesterday. please dont shoot me lol
enjoy the rest of your week gentlemen (and I take the PCT boot TTS. .5 down was too tight). someone on here got a great deal on them iirc
Enjoy your new boots in good health KDubs.
Yeah, those look just horrible. You should just dye them black... :) They are just stunning Zip with good character. -M

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello LWB today. I need to clean up the edges, but am hesitant to mess up the lovely Alden antiquing.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Ravello LWB today. I need to clean up the edges, but am hesitant to mess up the lovely Alden antiquing.

Wipe it down and apply some neutral wax. Always worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads