• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zennypoo

Reaction score

So the following is pretty much a grail boot for me (and several others here from what I gather).

NST
Natural Chromexcel OR Reverse Tobacco Chamois
Dark metal eyelets/speedhooks
Storm welt
Natural/antique edge
Commando Sole
Barrie Last

Basically the exact boot Yenni has right now at B&M only on Barrie. While she may have chosen TruBalance over Barrie (B&M seems to be doing a lot of TruBalance makeups coming up), I am assuming another retailer is/has done the same makeup on Barrie and hence B&M not offering it. But who? Closest I have seen are Unionmade's offerings, but theirs are not on commando, which would suit this boot perfectly.

So what gives, seems like this would be a perfect casual boot for many of us... wonder if there's enough interest if we can get a retailer on board to facilitate...

Great make up, I have the brown cxl version of this boot from Leathersoul and it's a great boot.

If you can gather 12 interested parties, Alden of Madison is a good place to get a gMTO through. I got a gMTO for chocolate suede boot done recently with them, they were great to work with.

-D

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had Sublime Goods do some more work - this time on some Indys.
Color 8 got brass eyes
Black got brass eyes and light edges.

sweet brass sazon. nicely played
Ravello Wednesday
bold combo. great boats.

Cigar cap toe boots today.
perfect! great combo.
Alden Black Shell Cordovan Perforated Tip Balmoral.

-Mike
nicely done dubs. they look brand new, as always.
AODC Grant Ravello Cap

outstanding donl. lovely shade
Took delivery of these beauties today. DC Ravello Cap Toes - my first boots on the Grant last. Seems extremely nice. Tried them on briefly and was quite happy with the fit.
congratulations, amazing boots and color.
Those are just terrific - I just got a pair of WT boots from AoM that I wish were those...
thank you kindly sir.
Looking good DV in your Bloom free WT Boots. I am more curious about your Cigars bloom situ. Whiskey to date has been pretty bloom tolerant
thanks dubs. my aom cigar ct boots are a bloom machine. haven't worn them yet, but have brushed bloom off several times. kinda wish i had let the bloom build over the past few months.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great make up, I have the brown cxl version of this boot from Leathersoul and it's a great boot.

If you can gather 12 interested parties, Alden of Madison is a good place to get a gMTO through. I got a gMTO for chocolate suede boot done recently with them, they were great to work with.

-D

That's great news. It sounds like there is some interest, so I'll get a new post going in the GMTO thread and link to it in the next couple days.

AndyC

Reaction score
3 weeks after reluctantly selling my Leffot JC Cigar Indys due to sizing issues, I was fortunate enough to track down another pair in my appropriate size. Karma? Perhaps.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy CXL WT boots x B&M today. Somewhat more casual boots for a Friday. They still dress up pretty well, though.

Last edited:

stevefok

Reaction score
3 weeks after reluctantly selling my Leffot JC Cigar Indys due to sizing issues, I was fortunate enough to track down another pair in my appropriate size. Karma? Perhaps.

Wow....Congrats! I hope I have the same luck find my my in 7.5D!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I do like the crepe soles
smile.gif

3or0g0O.jpg

Looking good in your Grain and 8 Saddle Shoes.

Vintage Indy action today.
These are from July 2013 and have gotten a TON of wear in the bad weather.

Very cool looking Indy Boots BK, also neat jeans.

Very cool, congrats! Great model... :)

Navy CXL WT boots x B&M today. Somewhat more casual boots for a Friday. They still dress up pretty well, though.

Those are a really cool model. Enjoy them today!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads