• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epc2

Reaction score

Does anyone have any shots of Ravello PTB? I would love to see them, especially when aged.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since much shell spots and looks like a $2 shoe when it does...pretty sure in some business workplaces that would be frowned upon going to an important meeting in what looks like leopard spotted shoes.
Seriously... Nobody in my office could even pick out a pair of Aldens, let alone care about some water spots on shoes.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ cost for the conversion?

thanks in advance

^I think that shade of ravello is pretty ideal tbh

Appreciate it Watchman. Nice ravello Captoes. Can't tell if those are the AoDC w/commando or not but they look great either way. Rarely start thinking about Mondays gear on Saturday, but I think you just inspired me to wear mine on Monday.
Sunlight or not, those look great. I need a catchy name for my cigars with brass. Brassvello flows quite nicely. My compliments to Mack. He did a really nice job.

Thanks gents! I actually like the shade of ravello too, where my shortwing ravellos from LS is more of the reddish shade in direct sun; so it's a good variation. I'm happy with how they turned out! :)

Mack offers services for brass eyelets and antique edging, you can see the prices here (just add shipping costs to/from): http://www.sublimegoods.com/alden-customization.html

Last edited:

bm93

Reaction score
Seriously... Nobody in my office could even pick out a pair of Aldens, let alone care about some water spots on shoes.

Hahah my thoughts exactly... in offices where the most commonly seen shoes are square-toed slip-ons, nobody is going to notice, let alone call anyone out, for rain spots on shoes.

Last edited:

RevisIsland

Reaction score

Question about shoe trees.  I own a pair of Alden 966's the I keep fresh with some Nordstrom shoe trees.  I just purchased a pair of Alden PTB in color 8 and I have an extra set of Clark shoe trees as well.  My question is does it make sense to buy one shoe tree over another?  For example I don't need another Nordstrom shoe tree or even an Alden one?  The Clark tree is cedar as well, so I imagine I am all set?

I've had good luck with the Jos A Bank trees made by woodlore. I generally wear 11 or 11.5 and the large size fits very well. For the price (can be picked up under $10 from time to time, they cant be beat. I have found they fit better than the Alden branded trees.

blue123

Reaction score
What do you guys pair color 8 PTB with in terms of color? Also how would they look with slim dark jeans? I just picked up a pair and they are great, just seeing how I can get maximum usage out of them.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
What do you guys pair color 8 PTB with in terms of color? Also how would they look with slim dark jeans? I just picked up a pair and they are great, just seeing how I can get maximum usage out of them.
I pair color8 with pretty much everything except for black, personally. They will 100% work with the jeans you described.

Buddha25

Reaction score
I pair color8 with pretty much everything except for black, personally. They will 100% work with the jeans you described.

+1 I hear they get better with age in terms of color and patina. The J&M's are my beater shoes for foul weather etc.

cldude

Reaction score

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: right - that is great for you guys...was just pointing out that for some it can be an issue and for some they don'tlike the spots..personally I can not imagine going to work in an office with other people..gross

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is prudent to wear clothes in general that fit the weather.

If you have alternatives and you want to keep the shoes in the best possible cosmetic condition, then go with something else. I do like the idea of putting Alden Leather Defender on them.

I'm getting ready to order some of the Saphir Invulner for my upcoming suedes - think it will work for suede and leather

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very versatile and I find I can pair it with just about anything, the PTB with dark edge are even more versatile imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads