• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dang those things are shiny - and sweet!

So Uncle - how do you decide which pair goes on each day?

nephew,
thank you
how do you make your selection?
the old fashion way-
your valet makes the recommendation

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Recent purchase, Alden x Leffot Hudson Captoe in dark brown regina grain calfskin on commando.
Looking great T in your new grain Semi-Brogues.
king ptb boot merino wool argyle otc
Your king PT Boots look flawless and have a lovely rich shade to them.
Just picked up some Alden Plain Toe Boots in Smooth Tobacco Chamois ShoeMart. They came with the following imperfections:
I emailed TheShoeMart back, and their support said that the cuts are there due to the construction of the shoe. If I'm unsatisfied, I can send them back for a full refund.
I'm curious are these imperfections to be expected due to the welt construction? Why are there two cuts and a slight dent in the sole of one, and only 1 cut on the other? Thanks in advance for your info :)
These are all normal Jimmy. They have to cut the welt once they go around the shoe.
JCrew pebble grain PCT boots, commando soles. From a while back.
Nice looking PCTs.
BB unlined.. still warm here on the Northern reaches of the Sonoran Desert.. but hey it's dry here and my Alden's love it.
Looking good in your LHSes. Keep enjoying them!
AF79 I love shell in color 8; timeless elegance.
LBFA27y.jpg
Looking good in your Color 8 WT Boot.
I recognize those boots.
J.Gilbert Hummus Suede Chukka
Awesome as always Don!
OK - a reset of the new Tobacco LWB's from JCrew:
The first pair I picked up during the 30% off window had a large stain in the leather on the right toe. I called JCrew and asked if I could use some Saphir to see if it was just some stain from the factory or something else, and they immediately sent a replacement instead. They offered overnight, but I declined - I wasn't in THAT big a rush and it is only a couple days from Lynchburg to my house anyway. Awesome service! Shoes feel just amazing - 11.5D in Barrie is a terrific match for me. Will wait to decide, but it might even be a better fit than the Trubalance. Happy boy today...
Glad you got that all sorted out. They look very nice! -Mike

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew,
thank you
how do you make your selection?
the old fashion way-
your valet makes the recommendation

I love this response. Welcome back, sir. So nice to see your rotation again!

Matty123

Reaction score
Color 4 PTB on eBay. Size 8D.. Starting price of 2500. Should be a fun one to watch. My valet will keep me abreast of situation!

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actu
Color 4 PTB on eBay. Size 8D.. Starting price of 2500. Should be a fun one to watch. My valet will keep me abreast of situation!

they won't sell for that much - the premium you are paying for "Alden" at that point is nuts (#4 isn't 100% impossible to buy from other quality shoemakers). They would sell for $1k ish though, I would bet you could do a GMTO through someone like Carmina for much less

though Alden is such a fashion brand at this point that you never know.

Last edited:

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw those, and for anyone seriously considering them, shoot the seller a message and strike a deal outside of Ebay. He's a legit seller, but he knows the (highly inflated) market value in the current state for Alden rare shell.

Didn't the color 4 LWB's that showed up on Ebay sell for over $2,000??

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those, and for anyone seriously considering them, shoot the seller a message and strike a deal outside of Ebay. He's a legit seller, but he knows the (highly inflated) market value in the current state for Alden rare shell.

Didn't the color 4 LWB's that showed up on Ebay sell for over $2,000??

That was the color 2 LWBs that sold for a bit over $2000 back in June. I find that starting price a bit crazy, too.

Edit: Sorry for the incorrect info.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up some Alden Plain Toe Boots in Smooth Tobacco Chamois ShoeMart. They came with the following imperfections: I emailed TheShoeMart back, and their support said that the cuts are there due to the construction of the shoe. If I'm unsatisfied, I can send them back for a full refund. I'm curious are these imperfections to be expected due to the welt construction? Why are there two cuts and a slight dent in the sole of one, and only 1 cut on the other? Thanks in advance for your info :)
If you consider these imperfections, you should forgo Aldens altogether. And I am not being sarcastic. What you have shown will be on nearly every pair you buy.

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of money for a red shoe.
Lol, well said. a red shoe that will eventually turn brown. But if he can get more power to him, it is extremely rare and supply demand tips in his favor. For my taste, I have many other purchases I would prefer to make with that sum, but to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads