• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my snuff PTB (unlined) Alden-BB yesterday. Enjoyed them so much so that I went with snuff LWBs (Alden-JCrew) today...

Last edited:

jvillal

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time listener, first time caller. Made my first plunge into Alden Shell and had a question on some of the creasing I'm seeing. While the shoes fit perfectly as far as I can feel, there seems to be some diagonal creasing developing close to the toe of the shoe. Is this normal? I wonder if there's anything I can learn for my next purchase or anything I can do now. Here's a pic of the shoe, slightly bended to highlight what I'm mentioning.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time listener, first time caller. Made my first plunge into Alden Shell and had a question on some of the creasing I'm seeing. While the shoes fit perfectly as far as I can feel, there seems to be some diagonal creasing developing close to the toe of the shoe. Is this normal? I wonder if there's anything I can learn for my next purchase or anything I can do now. Here's a pic of the shoe, slightly bended to highlight what I'm mentioning.

to me that shoe looks too big for you either in width and length or just width...and there is the shot that if that shoe really does fit correctly that the last is not good for you.

Also assuming the bulge is your where the ball of your foot is(ugh i hated typing that) then indeed those are too big the ball of your foot shoulbe be at the widest point not behind it

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Welcome to the Barrie last.

The Barrie has so much volume up front that it is impossible to fill out with a standard width foot. I had similar diagonal creasing with my Barrie shoes. Only cure would be to order a C width.

Creases on my ex-Whiskey LWB:

Last edited:

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also assuming the bulge is your where the ball of your foot is(ugh i hated typing that) then indeed those are too big the ball of your foot shoulbe be at the widest point not behind it

I think that might be due to the the angle from which the picture is taken (while his foot is flexed forward)... so the ball appears to be further below the widest part of the welt.

@jvillal I'm guessing they have too much volume, but if they feel right to you after a day of wearing, there's not much to worry about

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK - today was pretty cool! (with a caveat - but more on that later)

I arrived at work to this:

Box 1

A little darker in person in the indirect sun, but...

They fit great. Will clearly take more breaking in than the CXL Indy's. Color me happy... (for the moment)

While I was trying on the boots, a fourth box arrived

(for the boots I don't have yet...)
shog[1].gif

Supplies...

And the box I didn't have time (and still don't) to do anything more than glance at...

On taking off the boots, I noted a small scratch where the welt is joined
cry.gif
cry.gif

Just called AoM. I'm hoping they have another 11.5D...

More and better pix later. Got a business thing tonight. Going out in the Indys!

madmadigan

Reaction score
Just received the Jcrew Cordovan boots. The leather looks fantastic, I've had my eye on this boot for so long and finally pulled the trigger

Just want people's opinion if these look ok. Stitching on sole seems a little off, up by the side of the front it goes pretty close to, if not right up to the edge. And on the heel it looks to be a tiny bit chipped where the two parts meet.

Would you guys send these back, or is this not going to effect wear/quality at all? I'm totally fine keeping them if these are mainly cosmetic and won't effect the wear/quality/longevity of the boots

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it

Agravic

Reaction score
Hmmm... I can't speak to wearability, but I'd get them to make the heel right. That is pretty noticeable.

Agreed; at this price point that type of cosmetic defect on the heel would bother me, regardless of 'wearability'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members