• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
AoC Short Wing on Commando

Looking good in your Shortwing Bluchers. Its a great model, frequently overshadowed here by its longer winged brother. TheShoeMart just silently added a similar model, but without the Commando and on Aberdeen. Hope that you guys are enjoying your fall...

-Mike

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Today is 4060
My favorite stock boot from Alden.
One of my favorite makeups from Alden. :p

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Looking good Ben, but that is not a stock model... It is a special makeup, but tends to be more common, due to its awesomeness... ;-) Alden doesn't make a single stock model on the Grant Last.

-Mike

No ****? Thanks Mike, you are a wealth of knowledge! So with that said AoM and TSM run it, does anyone else?
Now to edit my original post.......

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Wednesday. Whiskey Chukka Boot.

-Mike

Fantastic!

Looking good in your Shortwing Bluchers. Its a great model, frequently overshadowed here by its longer winged brother. TheShoeMart just silently added a similar model, but without the Commando and on Aberdeen. Hope that you guys are enjoying your fall...

-Mike

I saw that on TSM's site. Very interesting. I really like Aberdeen. Might have to grab it when they have my size in stock.

Today is 4060
My favorite stock boot from Alden.
One of my favorite makeups from Alden.
tongue.gif

Lovely boots!

Agravic

Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker and Alden aficionado here.

My collection so far includes calfskin, cxl, and shell cordovan shoes/boots.

I recently picked up a pair of Indy boots in kudu, a first for me in this material.
What should I use to prep/protect before wearing them out and about?

Thanks!

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker and Alden aficionado here.

My collection so far includes calfskin, cxl, and shell cordovan shoes/boots.

I recently picked up a pair of Indy boots in kudu, a first for me in this material.
What should I use to prep/protect before wearing them out and about?

Thanks!

Nothing.
Wear them and wear them hard.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agravic

Reaction score
Nothing.
Wear them and wear them hard.

Music to my ears!

I like 'low maintenance', and plan to use these boots as my 'daily drivers'.

Shell No.8 wingtips for nicer weather days.

Question : I have the 405 classic and the 404 kudu right now, with a pair of shell color 8 wingtips on the way.
Would it be redundant to get color 8 Tankers next, or should I try something different?
Open to suggestions here.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Music to my ears!

I like 'low maintenance', and plan to use these boots as my 'daily drivers'.

Shell No.8 wingtips for nicer weather days.

Question : I have the 405 classic and the 404 kudu right now, with a pair of shell color 8 wingtips on the way.
Would it be redundant to get color 8 Tankers next, or should I try something different?
Open to suggestions here.
Get whatever you like. Tankers are not at all redundant (nothing is here you will soon see) and in my opinion one of the styles Alden does best. Probably why I have 3 pairs of them...

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly gave up on my LHS. Just didn't feel like a long painful break in period. For posterity though I've snapped a pic, which includes my AE Kenwood Brown Shell loafers (love these, but they are pretty casual/chunky), the Alden suede LHS, and John Lobb Vigo which I recently picked up. The Lobb fit well so I'm keeping those. Nice and sleeker/tighter looking as well which is a nice contrast to the Kenwood

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Those Aldens def. look to be Copley last, which I found tends to run more TTS, I tried some in my Van last size and were way to tight on the strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads