• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoetree

Reaction score
My best black shoe purchase has been the Brooks brothers calf plain toe blucher. I didn't think I needed them, but they were priced so well last Christmas I couldn't pass them up. I've worn them numerous times, especially when I travel. Very versatile and don't worry about them in a suitcase. They also take a nice shine.

breck81

Reaction score
The Walter Boot will be my first black shoe/boot.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone pair dark grey dress/suit slacks with any shoes other than black? If so, what? Pic's would be great if you can.

Like many others have said, I have one pair of black shoes, strictly for funerals and only the most serious of occasions (very formal meetings etc)

Additionally, most of my pants and suits are in the gray (medium to dark to very dark) variety....

Dark brown calf, dark brown suede, #8 are all my go to colors for pairing with gray.

My normal rotation is Chocolate Brown Suede PTB, Chocolate Brown Chukka, Dark Brown Perf Cap Toe, #8 LWB, #8 PTB

RSR3

Reaction score
#684 from yesterday....

In regards to black shell, I would love for these to show up in black shell (#6845) on the TSM seconds list.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black shell is Highly underrated - Just saying
smile.gif

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the EP Ryden black shell boot and it will be my first Alden black pair. I have a pair of matte black (Guidi calf) Vibergs. The rest of my collection is non-black. I reach for the black Vibergs when I feel like a "baller" look with either black or grey denim. Strictly casual for me.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm waiting for the EP Ryden black shell boot and it will be my first Alden black pair.  I have a pair of matte black (Guidi calf) Vibergs. The rest of my collection is non-black.  I reach for the black Vibergs when I feel like a "baller" look with either black or grey denim.  Strictly casual for me.

Ryden has a lot of merry men waiting on the EP boot.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the standard funeral pair of black shoes and then also Viberg black CXL captoe boot, AE Shaker Heights with the tweed which rocks, Alden black Indy calf, AE Leeds shell PTB shoe, and a knock around AE older Monk strap.As soon as my Ironside Earth Chamois Indy arrives the Black Calf Indy is getting sold

walds11

Reaction score

Congrats! Good to hear you are happy and the TB is a very friendly last.
-Mike

Thanks Mike! This is my first Alden boot with commando sole. Great sole; very comfy to walk and stand on. It's much more visually appealing than the vibram lug sole in my opinion.

The CXL on the LHS appears different than the CXL on the Ultimate Indy. The LHS CXL appears not as shiny and not as soft. Can anyone attest to this? Does the LHS use a different CXL than the Ultimate Indy? Just curious.

specialk0449

Reaction score
Just placed my order for the cigar cap toe bal with TSM. They will ship tomorrow and I hope they arrive on Monday. I have been looking for this shoe for at least a year. Cigar is probably my favorite shell color.
I have the Indy boot, NST, Cap Toe boot and the full strap in cigar. Next on my list is the LHS and PTB in cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members