• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty123

Reaction score

Can you tell the difference?

My god that's terrible. It looks like two completely different welts. And that took a lot of balls for the salesman to Say he "Noticed a color difference." Good thing you can return them.

postal007

Reaction score
Wow, these look like the bomb-diggity. Congrats on the pickup! I'm not sure I can pull off the look myself but they are sweet.

Decided to try this beauty from TSM - George Boot on Plaza Last in Brown Scotch Grain:

FYI the scotch grain is quite soft and the buckle is nickel

CEE88

Reaction score

Looks great and not commonly seen here! I have a Black Shell boot on order right now. Wish Adam still did his Whiskey version!!! ;-)

-Mike
Thanks! I'd been looking at the shell version for quite sometime, too, Mike. When I saw this one on Plaza I decided it was too good to pass up. Do you happen to know if the Brick + Mortar LWB in dark brown "Regina Calf" is the same as this leather (TSM calls this one a soft, tumbled scotch grain)? I almost ordered that LWB from Yenni too.

CEE88

Reaction score

Wow, these look like the bomb-diggity. Congrats on the pickup! I'm not sure I can pull off the look myself but they are sweet.
Thanks! This is my third or fourth monk strap shoe, including one I had in college many years ago, and I honestly think they're not hard to pull off at all. Always enjoy seeing someone wearing a pair of monk straps!

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to try this beauty from TSM - George Boot on Plaza Last in Brown Scotch Grain:

FYI the scotch grain is quite soft and the buckle is nickel
Those are fantastic

breck81

Reaction score
So who all got in on the Walter Boot pre order? I know I did!!!

breck81

Reaction score

I did! Poor man's rydenboot/shitkicker!

****...Ain't nothing "Poor" about them.

In my opinion they scream punk rock scene, 1980s London, Dr. martens Ass - Kickers. And that is exactly the look I was drawn to since they were introduced. So while Rydan and his gang of merry men are out there kicking **** with there new and improved Pitt Boot, I'm gonna be kicking ass with mine.

The RydanFan boot is more military, officer vibe with the, no pun intended, commando sole. I was going for more of a Fight the Power, question authority look. Not to mention the crepe is, IMO, slightly more comfortable than the commando sole.

But I'm glad you got in on them:)

breck81

Reaction score

I sat this one out as I am on the Ryden Boot from Epaulet already.

-Mike

You ordered a Plain Toe Boot? Change of heart?

Disco Volante

Reaction score
Crosspost!

New Epaulet x Alden Taunton boots. I was looking for something that would be great for the handful of rainy days we get in Austin. Pretty happy about these -- the alpine grain is a great color.

Action shot with the new taunton boots and some rivet chinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics