• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McQ7

Reaction score
PSA Epaulet just announced another run of the taunton boot. Very nice semi-brogue cognac Alpine grain commando sole on Barrie option for the more rugged gentleman.

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/alden-for-epaulet-taunton-captoe-boot-alpine-grain

wow.gif
Wow!! Those are some good looking boots! I'm glad I already have my cordovan cap toes (and that these don't appear to be in size 8 at the moment). I had seriously considered the C&J Islay before making my decision, but the US availability of these would put them over the top, for me.

Hill

Reaction score
I'm experiencing some wear on the lining of a pair of my LWBs. I treat them right...cedar shoe trees, rest them at least a day between wears, etc. The last and size fit me perfectly, so there's no heel slippage. I'm growing concerned as I see the same thing developing inside some of my other more worn Aldens. Does anyone have any tips for how to prevent this from happening? Would a good cobbler be able to fix it or is the lining done once it goes?

CEE88

Reaction score

I'm experiencing some wear on the lining of a pair of my LWBs. I treat them right...cedar shoe trees, rest them at least a day between wears, etc. The last and size fit me perfectly, so there's no heel slippage. I'm growing concerned as I see the same thing developing inside some of my other more worn Aldens. Does anyone have any tips for how to prevent this from happening? Would a good cobbler be able to fix it or is the lining done once it goes?

Not sure there's a way to prevent that - looks like the natural way your foot moves inside that particular shoe. I wore my unlined 8 dovers sockless a couple of times recently and got a "hotspot" on the side of my heel area -- very similar to were this appears to be on your shoe (never noticed it with socks). Took them off before a blister actually formed. I'll probably get wear marks like this on my Barrie last shoes too.

CEE88

Reaction score

docalden2013

Reaction score
Need to pick up my posting game. Wore my beater cigar PTBs from DC in the rain to pick up pho for my wife and kiddo, who are under the weather today.

Btw, JosABank had a 2 for $25 special this morning on shoe trees. Get em while they're hot.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Happy Wednesday:
image_zpsvy4rnlds.jpg
In the Whiskey LWB.
Looking good in your LWB. LWBs are always a good choice.
Great choice today Don
You both wear your Tan Suede LHSes very well.
Here comes a BRAND NEW Alden boots for Old England store. In modified last.
Those are very nice.
#4 x tsm
Absolutely fantastic D! Love them CT Boots!
Cigar PTBs
Very nice Cigar PTBs Henry. They look very nice.
#8 Monks
Superb as always Don, looking great again today! -Mike

Disco Volante

Reaction score

:wow:   Wow!!  Those are some good looking boots!  I'm glad I already have my cordovan cap toes (and that these don't appear to be in size 8 at the moment).  I had seriously considered the C&J Islay before making my decision, but the US availability of these would put them over the top, for me.

I guess I got lucky with the US availability for the Islay. ;-)

Every time I see that boot I think of this.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing and almost posted a similar pic!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When ordering from The Bureau does one expect to get hit with taxes upon delivery? Thanks guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads