• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonggoy

Reaction score
Here's a couple I took with my iPhone......

For some reason it will only let me attach the indoor shot. I've only got one other pair of cigars and these are a little darker than those but not as dark as some recent batches I've seen. I am very pleased with them

gsgleason

Reaction score

Old 975/jeans pix. These are #8 even though they look cigarish:

Those look great.

There were pictures a while back from the fellow with some very well sun-faded color 8 Indy boots and they looked brown with almost no burgundy. When he sent them to be restored, he explicitly asked not to refinish the uppers, but they big fat went and did it anyway.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look great.

There were pictures a while back from the fellow with some very well sun-faded color 8 Indy boots and they looked brown with almost no burgundy. When he sent them to be restored, he explicitly asked not to refinish the uppers, but they big fat went and did it anyway.

There are stories about that going back 10 years, back when Alden was waaaay more responsive to consumer requests. You should definitely assume there's a high probability of them getting the purple paint, no matter what you say or do.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these the same last as the Ravello released recently?

Grant last, which is the same as the AoDC Ravello Captoes released about 9 months ago. I think I've seen some recently released Ravello on Barrie, but these are definitely Grant.

RSR3

Reaction score
There are stories about that going back 10 years, back when Alden was waaaay more responsive to consumer requests. You should definitely assume there's a high probability of them getting the purple paint, no matter what you say or do.

I was actually going to pose this exact question recently, since I might be in the market for restoration services shortly and have really enjoyed the patina that this particular pair of color 8's have taken on.

Has anyone had any luck requesting Alden to not "recondition" their uppers?

chrisefi

Reaction score
Here's a couple I took with my iPhone......

For some reason it will only let me attach the indoor shot. I've only got one other pair of cigars and these are a little darker than those but not as dark as some recent batches I've seen. I am very pleased with them

These look amazing! Congrats on a great shade of Cigar.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was actually going to pose this exact question recently, since I might be in the market for restoration services shortly and have really enjoyed the patina that this particular pair of color 8's have taken on.

Has anyone had any luck requesting Alden to not "recondition" their uppers?

With the horror stories that have been posted about this, I've sent my last 2 pairs to B Nelson. I tell him "don't polish the uppers." No problems.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a general consensus of online Alden resellers with a really good return policy, free/cheap shipping? I am looking for something longer than 14 days and full refund as an option. Many of the sellers have (for people in my situation at least) poor return policies. I am talking stock sizes as well, nothing special order.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These look amazing!  Congrats on a great shade of Cigar.

Thanks chrisefi. I really like them, so much to the point that they have presented me with a pleasant dilemma. I've got a pair of FB cigar PTB's and the DC Ravello Captoe and my fear is that these will push one of them to the background. Given that I'm trying to stop 'collecting' shoes, the Ravello Captoes may be going to the marketplace. Well look at that, just your size:nodding:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how much I should sell a pair of Alden Cigar Cordovan beales that have been brand new resoled by B nelson? unworn since, on crepe.

I am having trouble trying to price it...any help is appreciated. PMs are cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads