• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan,

If at all possible keep them in their dust bags.

I have a similar set up and they will get dust bunnies lodging in them.

Especially the shoes closest to the floor.

There is a certain sense of satisfaction that takes hold of you when you pull a freshly polished pair of shoes or boots out or their respective dust bags...

And a certain sense of disdain when their neighbors had been dwelling openly covered with dust...

Thanks.

cj610

Reaction score

Finally took my shoes out of shoe bags and installed some proper storage. I am worried about dust though, for those of you with similar storage do you just hit them with a swiffer every once and a while? Or maybe just a quick Mac method before wearing?

Great, well rounded collection. Covers all the bases..........nice!

HenryIII

Reaction score
JCrew PCTs

jas0nt

Reaction score

Finally took my shoes out of shoe bags and installed some proper storage. I am worried about dust though, for those of you with similar storage do you just hit them with a swiffer every once and a while? Or maybe just a quick Mac method before wearing?
I give mine a quick brush before wearing.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan, I keep my boots on a rack just like you and don't worry too much about dust. Each pair might sit for a couple of weeks so I just brush them a bit before wearing. I guess my closet isn't too dusty.

Plus, aethsetically it looks nice just the way you've got them!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan,

If at all possible keep them in their dust bags.

I have a similar set up and they will get dust bunnies lodging in them.

Especially the shoes closest to the floor.

There is a certain sense of satisfaction that takes hold of you when you pull a freshly polished pair of shoes or boots out or their respective dust bags...

And a certain sense of disdain when their neighbors had been dwelling openly covered with dust...

Thanks.

Mine live in their bags, on shelves.

All my shoes stay in the dust bags when they are not being worn. Setup looks good but I think dust would be an issue for sure.

Great, well rounded collection. Covers all the bases..........nice!

I give mine a quick brush before wearing.

@Burzan , I keep my boots on a rack just like you and don't worry too much about dust. Each pair might sit for a couple of weeks so I just brush them a bit before wearing. I guess my closet isn't too dusty.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I think my closet isn't too dusty but we shall see. The shelves are actually above and standard closet fixture so they start about 6 feet off the ground which hopefully will help keep the dust to a minimum. I do like using bags but now that they are all organized so nicely I almost would hate to cover them back up.

I will give it a go for a few weeks and see how it goes, I can always throw them back in the bags if they sit for too long and get dusty. They suedes might end up back in bags as I think those will be tougher to clean if they get dust building up.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Burzan, I keep my boots on a rack just like you and don't worry too much about dust. Each pair might sit for a couple of weeks so I just brush them a bit before wearing. I guess my closet isn't too dusty.

Same here. I don't bother with bags unless I'm traveling.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Burzan, I keep mine in my closet in a similar manner. You have a bit larger rotation than mine, but I just hit them with a lambswool polishing mitt to knock any dust off before wearing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads