• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Ravello PTBoots
Looking great in your Ravello PT Boots.
LS Choco Suede Tanker
Awesome as always Don! These are great boots!
Frans Boone Suede/Chamois Saddle's with crepe on today.
Great casual Saddles Breck. How's the hole doing?
Today was a cigar Indy day…and my favorite olive chinos
Hard to beat a Cigar Indy with any chino. Looking great!
Just got back from dinner with a client, figured a quick pic of the Hallecks was appropriate.
Love the WT Boots. Hope that you had a good client dinner!!!
Ravello chukkas tonight
Awesome Chukka Boots! Love the Ravello Chukkas. I need to wear my Chukkas more often.
Happy Birthday to me guys! 43 today. I think I will check what Mdubs is selling for a bday gift
Happy Birthday and that's funny. I want my wife to care enough to get me a pair of shoes for my birthday! :)
just got my alpine gain yesterday, it's awesome
Nice Alpines. I just got my first pair of AG's, the AG NST from Citi. Will probably wear them next next Tuesday for Tanker Tuesday.
Happy Friday Alden fans.
Nice Epaulet Indy Boots Saz!
Wearing 'em hard today. Natty CXL for the rain.
Bummer about the rain, but way to take it on!
Noob here with a noob question. I don't live in the US but a relative is flying to Southern California (not SanFo) and I'm hoping he can help me get Indy 405's there. Are these readily available in any J.Crew store or are they an online only thing?
What part of SoCal are you visiting? I believe UnionMade has two locations in the LA basin.
#8 nst
Nice 2210! Great shoes!
walked 7 miles in these today, some of the most comfortable boots i've owned. shot reflecting off the mirror skylights in DC.
Great shoes and glad that they took good care of you today! But even better pic!!!
Madison Tanks and Rogue Territory work trousers. Found some good light this morning.
Great Tankers Breck. Way to take them out and enjoy them!
Love them already! They pair perfectly with 21oz denim.
Looking good Ben and yes that is super heavy denim. Don't see me sporting that much weight in SoCal.
Cigar PTBs getting some much needed NYC sun
Great and classic Cigar PTB! Enjoy the Uv!
Some TLC for the Dovers today. Reno>Cordovan creme>brush>buff>defender>buff>brush and more brush.:)
I approve! Keep it up!
Leffot Tankers today, one of my favs. I feel like my collection is getting too large (24 pairs now and still have two more on the way) to wear things as often as I would like. Trying to keep things rotated and these see my feet maybe once every 3-4 weeks at this point and that is kind of a shame. Now with the warm weather hitting and casual loafers coming back in my rotation these will see even less wear. How do you guys with really large collections deal with this? Are you just ok wearing things once a month or less? Maybe I need to take a hard look at sizing down my collection
Just wear when you want and not worry about it. ;-)
I wore them!!! Ravello NST Boot
Only problem is me bumping into people because I am staring at my feet!!
Be careful you don't want to scuff them. I need to go pick mine up from the cobbler today.
Snuff Indys.
Beautiful Zip!!!
Do you guys usually go TTS or 1/2 down in Plaza?
True to Size. http://aldenofsandiego.com/alden-faq/sizing/ -Mike

Last edited:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leffot Tankers today, one of my favs. I feel like my collection is getting too large (24 pairs now and still have two more on the way) to wear things as often as I would like. Trying to keep things rotated and these see my feet maybe once every 3-4 weeks at this point and that is kind of a shame. Now with the warm weather hitting and casual loafers coming back in my rotation these will see even less wear.
How do you guys with really large collections deal with this? Are you just ok wearing things once a month or less? Maybe I need to take a hard look at sizing down my collection
Thin out the collection. But don't part with these...they're awesome.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan

You will never wear them all evenly. Some are more versatile than others, some fit your wardrobe/style better than others. I'd cull the stuff you don't see yourself wearing (like I did with my Whiskey Chukka's) and focus on building around what is practical given your work/climate/style.

That's why I focus a lot of my attention on commando lasted boots. They will get the most wear because of the weather in Toronto and my work is generally a business-casual place where I can wear boots and nobody bats an eye.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan

You will never wear them all evenly. Some are more versatile than others, some fit your wardrobe/style better than others. I'd cull the stuff you don't see yourself wearing (like I did with my Whiskey Chukka's) and focus on building around what is practical given your work/climate/style.

That's why I focus a lot of my attention on commando lasted boots. They will get the most wear because of the weather in Toronto and my work is generally a business-casual place where I can wear boots and nobody bats an eye.

Some great advice, not sure what I will end up doing. I keep a list of what I have that I stare at while bored at work wondering what I could cut and not regret.

thromb

Reaction score

Btw, I'm a 9E on the Brannock. I'm guessing 8.5D on the Indy/trubalance should work. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

I'd imagine they'd work well for you in 8.5D but may depend on your instep and sock preference.

I'm a 9E on the Brannock as well but I like my TB indies in 8.5E. I have a highish instep and like to wear them with thicker socks.

inn8chiro

Reaction score

Haha, gotta be a staged photo. Laces don't even looked like they are tied tight, probably scared to crease them so you took them off right after the photo.

Hahahahaa

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leffot Tankers today, one of my favs. I feel like my collection is getting too large (24 pairs now and still have two more on the way) to wear things as often as I would like. Trying to keep things rotated and these see my feet maybe once every 3-4 weeks at this point and that is kind of a shame. Now with the warm weather hitting and casual loafers coming back in my rotation these will see even less wear. How do you guys with really large collections deal with this? Are you just ok wearing things once a month or less? Maybe I need to take a hard look at sizing down my collection
I was close to 30 and have now downsized to about 12 or so. I could add one or two more, but I will stay in this range. For me the key was observing what I actually wear, what goes well with my outfits and what people compliment me on. For example, I've owned a ton of cordovan longwings, but I rarely wore them - in the winter, I would wear boots and in the summer, I would wear suede. So currently I own none (the only two I would buy are black and color 8 at this point). I have sold two ravello, two cigar and one color 8 / antique longwings... No more rare cordovan longwings for me. On the other side, I am a big fan of Alden suede, so I hold on to those. I am also eyeing Leffot's natty CXL LHS.

Last edited:

Sparky1500

Reaction score
I have this issue in a pair of cigar boots I bought from the B&S forum. I've worn them while traveling and in snow/slush, and the inseam hasn't separated so far (about 20 wears). If I had bought them from a retailer I'd probably have returned them tbh.
But that's just a single observation - perhaps other forumites have more experience with this sort of thing

What is the B&D forum? Sorry, new here and trying to learn the lingo!

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just snagged a pair of Leffot snuff short wing boots in Plaza. Was used for a month. Don't have anything plaza so hoping I sized it right. Looking forward to something more sleek since all I have his barrie.
Just snagged a pair of Leffot snuff short wing boots in Plaza. Was used for a month. Don't have anything plaza so hoping I sized it right. Looking forward to something more sleek since all I have his barrie.

^ 8 D. did half size up form barrie 7.5 D

So got my shoes 8d are definitely too small. I think I'm a 8.5 on brannock but I'm a solid 7.5 D on on barrie and trubalance. So was hoping 8 d would work. Think I'm one of the few that size down a full size

Sparky1500

Reaction score
What is the B&D forum? Sorry, new here and trying to learn the lingo!

Ummmm, I meant the BDSM forum.....no, that's not right either. Hmmmm, anyone want to reveal what the B&S forum is? :)

aldenwear

Reaction score
thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
jr, i do have monkey arms, i rebound like charles oakley. dubs, i googled reticulating screen, i'm still confused.
Charles Oakley?! Impressive. You must be a Chicago Bulls fan from the early 90s. And don't say Knicks fan. Oakley just put in a few years there to get his pension. His glory years were serving MJ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads