• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

typericey

Reaction score
Noob here with a noob question. I don't live in the US but a relative is flying to Southern California (not SanFo) and I'm hoping he can help me get Indy 405's there. Are these readily available in any J.Crew store or are they an online only thing?

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noob here with a noob question. I don't live in the US but a relative is flying to Southern California (not SanFo) and I'm hoping he can help me get Indy 405's there. Are these readily available in any J.Crew store or are they an online only thing?

There are numerous shops, not just Jcrew, in SoCal that should have a 405.
Here's a list from the Alden website of dealers in California. All but 2 (San Francisco and Larkspur) are in Socal. Mind you, SoCal is a really large area so it would be best to find out exactly where your relative will be and go from there. Remember sizing on these run 1/2 large to your regular size so if you're a 9.5 you'd be safe to consider a 9.

http://www.aldenshoe.com/DrawStoreSearch.aspx?PageID=3

Last edited:

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might anyone have pics of the green suede Indy that J Gilbert has? Can't seem to find any in their makeup, just the Unionmade one...

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are great! Who's makeup are they? Also I can't quite tell from the picture, what last?

I believe they are Alden for J.Crew:

I would love to track down a pair myself for next winter!
JR is correct.
I wear these ALL the time, and they age so well, yet clean up nicely.

JjasonL

Reaction score
Those are great! Who's makeup are they? Also I can't quite tell from the picture, what last?
Looking great Saz! I decided I couldn't live another day without these and my pair just arrived this afternoon.

looks great, wish they had my size
epaulet earth chamois?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Was just having a close look at some boots I've yet to wear and saw something a little concerning (to my inexperienced eye). I've tried to take photos and will attempt to explain what's concerning me. It seems like I can almost see the stitching keeping the sole and upper attached when I look at the boot from the side. I recall seeing photos (I believe they were Indy's) where the sole appeared to be completely detaching from the upper, and wanted to me certain that this wasn't going to be happening here. Sorry if this comes across at neurotic, I just want to know if this is normal for flat welted shoes / boots, of which this is my first pair. Any ideas?

szerwo

Reaction score
walked 7 miles in these today, some of the most comfortable boots i've owned. shot reflecting off the mirror skylights in DC.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Was just having a close look at some boots I've yet to wear and saw something a little concerning (to my inexperienced eye). I've tried to take photos and will attempt to explain what's concerning me. It seems like I can almost see the stitching keeping the sole and upper attached when I look at the boot from the side. I recall seeing photos (I believe they were Indy's) where the sole appeared to be completely detaching from the upper, and wanted to me certain that this wasn't going to be happening here. Sorry if this comes across at neurotic, I just want to know if this is normal for flat welted shoes / boots, of which this is my first pair. Any ideas?

<pics removed>

I have this issue in a pair of cigar boots I bought from the B&S forum. I've worn them while traveling and in snow/slush, and the inseam hasn't separated so far (about 20 wears). If I had bought them from a retailer I'd probably have returned them tbh.
But that's just a single observation - perhaps other forumites have more experience with this sort of thing

typericey

Reaction score

There are numerous shops, not just Jcrew, in SoCal that should have a 405.
Here's a list from the Alden website of dealers in California. All but 2 (San Francisco and Larkspur) are in Socal. Mind you, SoCal is a really large area so it would be best to find out exactly where your relative will be and go from there. Remember sizing on these run 1/2 large to your regular size so if you're a 9.5 you'd be safe to consider a 9.

http://www.aldenshoe.com/DrawStoreSearch.aspx?PageID=3

Thanks Salad. Somehow the Alden website doesn't load right now. Could be site maintenance. I'll just check back often.

Btw, I'm a 9E on the Brannock. I'm guessing 8.5D on the Indy/trubalance should work. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice find on the BB discount code. I jumped on the snuff tassels. Figured they'd be pretty awesome for the summer. Anyone else have them?

Don't have them...yet. Just placed an order for them. I was looking for them earlier but could only find the dark brown ones and I was pretty disappointed and then I saw your post! I agree, they will be great for summer, and I love the foxing and contrast stitching. Somehow I went from hating loafers to having three pairs in 6 months.

emidyl

Reaction score
Thanks Salad. Somehow the Alden website doesn't load right now. Could be site maintenance. I'll just check back often.

Btw, I'm a 9E on the Brannock. I'm guessing 8.5D on the Indy/trubalance should work. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.
should be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads