• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

szerwo

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever waxed or 'dubbed' alden's snuff suede? Or any other suede color? I'm interested in the process and the results.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering ordering a pair of Alden's from The Bureau Belfast, wondering if anyone has experience with them? I've seen their name around but haven't heard any direct experiences.

Also wondering if there are additional fees to be expected when the shoes come to the US. Thanks
I have shoes inbound from them and will let you know how it goes. Unfortunately, I got stuck with Fedex.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I looked at the pics first before I read your post and didnt notice it. Once I read what you wrote I could see it.
Surprised thou at how much they lightened in only 4 days time.

In direct sun you could really see a significant color change within a few weeks. I'm talking putting them out on your deck to sun tan kind of light. It's really quite an interesting process.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Nice, were you on the list or just cold called? Seems there might not have been as high a demand for these as some of the other models. Relatively speaking anyways.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can one find such a thing?

In a 10.5 EEE?

In your dreams...
biggrin.gif

No. Seriously though, maybe some of the more experienced gentlemen in this thread can give advice.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, were you on the list or just cold called? Seems there might not have been as high a demand for these as some of the other models. Relatively speaking anyways.
Cold email/called, so that's why I was surprised that they had a 8D in stock. She said 8D is surprisingly a size that wasn't in high demand this time around... so it just worked in my favor

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Nice, I got added to the list about 2 months before they showed up and I was the first spot. Thought that was crazy.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In a 10.5 EEE?

In your dreams...:D

No.  Seriously though, maybe some of the more experienced gentlemen in this thread can give advice.

Someone at J Gilbert told me that the Plaza last doesn't come in EEE width. I guess that's true?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever waxed or 'dubbed' alden's snuff suede? Or any other suede color? I'm interested in the process and the results.

Just use some Ghee....just kidding of course...I thought I was going to be doing to be dubbing mine but turns out no need...I would have used HDLP and applied very thin layers with my fingers doing only one coat every other day...there are products out there that are designed for it...The Official Shoe Care thread has some folks with lots of knowledge....if I can remember who recently dubbed their Vibergs I will PM you their handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads