• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Reaction score
Robert knows what he's talking about. He's not a regular shoe salesman - he was a cobler for many years before he started working at Alden SF. With that said, Reno or Venetian followed by a high quality cream is what I'd suggest.
Robert is great -- Just saw him yesterday. I had no idea he was a cobbler!

McBear

Reaction score
I'd suggest some better shoes trees. Those look exceptionally creased for a grained upper with six months of wear.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with shoe trees. It has to do with the shape/size of the shoe and the size/shape of the foot. My feet are slightly different and the shoes
therefore crease/roll differently, no boneing and no shoe trees can change that. You just have to find the best last and size for your feet and enjoy the look. You could try to use some kind of insole.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanker Thursday

Leffot x Alden

aldenwear

Reaction score

Not the look we are going for. 
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
  Thank you to everyone for the feedback.  Some people like them and some don't and I get that.  Even retailers get tired of seeing the same models over and over.  We do want to try and have something for everyone. 

Those spectators look fantastic. Elegant,and unique - a subtle bit nice shift from typical lace-up wingtip or captoe Spectators.

And what is wrong with a little pimpin'? Every real man has a little of that in him. (Although, truth be told, no Tru Mac Daddy would be caught dead in those - too conservative and not flashy enough.)

A few decades ago spectators, inckuding models like these, were relativrly common. Now they are exotic and get Walter Mitty all excited. The less adventurous or more staid types are not going to like them.

I hope your clientele has some taste, you sell the hell out of them and then do the right the right thing: get those shoes in "e" widths so us wide-footed pimps can go maccin' in style.

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FENWAY

Reaction score
Picking up the 5 Eyelet Plain Toe Commando Huntington Green in reverse chamois from TSM today

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads