• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalair1

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with 'kudu'? Trying to find a non-shell shoe for the winter and have it narrowed down to the Leffot pre-order for a LWB w/crepe sole in kudu or the AoC brown suede LWB w/commando. I'm really on the fence and positive/negative comments on kudu could be the deciding factor. Actual shots in the wild would be great as I would really like to see how these shoes age. Thanks.

I have a pair kudu Indy with lug soles and really like them. Very durable, hold up well to wet weather and comfortable hide.. I like them a lot due to the oil resistant sole and hide that holds up well and will wear well over time in harsh conditions

See Ya,
Steve

Last edited:

odessaboots

Reaction score
I weirdly really like the PT Calf boot now up on Unionmade, especially the commando sole with winter looming. My only concern is how the tan calf would hold up? Obviously its not your typical "beater" leather, but does anyone have any images of aged dark tan? Or care to comment on how resilient the leather is in general? I know Alden calf does not get a ton of love on here, but I thought I would ask...

Thanks!

Hill

Reaction score

Anyone with experience with 'kudu'? Trying to find a non-shell shoe for the winter and have it narrowed down to the Leffot pre-order for a LWB w/crepe sole in kudu or the AoC brown suede LWB w/commando. I'm really on the fence and positive/negative comments on kudu could be the deciding factor. Actual shots in the wild would be great as I would really like to see how these shoes age.  Thanks. 

I own a kudu boot and really like them. They hold up well in inclement weather and are very low maintenance. Highly recommend them, but you can't go wrong with either of those choices.

Edit: Here's a shot of the boots. They're about 3 years old.

Last edited:

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, the wait is over. O'Connell's finally hits 40% off tomorrow (sorry, not a Ralph Lauren 65% off sale). Someone please buy the Color 8 LHS in 10C and the Black Shell Chukka in 10D, so that I am not tempted. Only other shell remaining is the Tassel Loafer in Color 8... There is also quite a bit of calf and other materials remaining. The opera pump is pretty amazing. :)

-M
Haha, all you need to make your collection complete is the Alden Opera Pump. I'd pay to see that on your feet!

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I jumped on the McCoppin NST in Nat Chrome excel style 40201

See Ya,
Steve

Went for one, too. Will be my first Alden, so I hope the fit is right!!

I also liked the Byron Grain plain toe boot, but alas two boots is not in the cards for me at the moment.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, Unionmade has been just killing it with their boots. So good.

Underrated stockist, IMO. They seem to listen to customers when it comes to makeups. I was told the Jasper Dover was requested by many.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on my Leather Soul Ultimate Indy in Kudu, seems like I pre ordered it ages ago... Need to follow up on that order...

I have chukkas in Kudu and love them...very durable leather. Have found that it stretches a bit more than other leathers; could be just my experience, though.

I have a pair kudu Indy with lug soles and really like them. Very durable, hold up well to wet weather and comfortable hide.. I like them a lot due to the oil resistant sole and hide that holds up well and will wear well over time in harsh conditions

See Ya,
Steve

I own a kudu boot and really like them. They hold up well in inclement weather and are very low maintenance. Highly recommend them, but you can't go wrong with either of those choices.

Edit: Here's a shot of the boots. They're about 3 years old.

Guys - much thanks. I preferred the kudu's but it was a really close call. As Hill indicates, I certainly couldn't go wrong with the AoC commando's. Kudu's add diversity to my collection and though I love commando, crepe is my sole of choice by a slim margin. The pic by Hill definitely sealed it for me. Those are some great looking 3-year old boots.

Again, much thanks.

sinda67

Reaction score
LONG time lurker here...was browsing TSM this morning, saw this:

Alden Men's Long Wing Blucher Shell Cordovan

Style #: 97891

IN WHISKEY -

Just hung up ordered my size and she will be here next week!!!! PICS TO FOLLOW. Tried to order via the website, wouldn't let me so I called them.

:)

stevefok

Reaction score

[/B]st_7416694"] Underrated stockist, IMO. They seem to listen to customers when it comes to makeups. I was told the Jasper Dover was requested by many.
I want the jasper dover too, the 13.5d had been there for a while and finally gone. Wish I could get my size in the next make up.
LONG time lurker here...was browsing TSM this morning, saw this:
Alden Men's Long Wing Blucher Shell Cordovan

Style #: 97891

IN WHISKEY -

Just hung up ordered my size and she will be here next week!!!! PICS TO FOLLOW. Tried to order via the website, wouldn't let me so I called them.

:)

Wow! A whiskey make up out of no where. But seems they only have size starting from 9D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members