• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cincikid

Reaction score
SkyValet is a legitimate store in Washington DC. You can call them and chat whether they could ship them to Holland.

I own that boot from that store. Highly recommend both.

you bought that boot in holland at FransBoone? He is heavily overpriced better buy in USA.

It's pretty obvious he was returning to the SkyVallet in DC. The boots you were referring to are out of stock though.

Last edited:

inn8chiro

Reaction score

I am with ya man!! Still breaking mine in!

:slayer: That's what I'm talking about!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
have gone to more black tie affairs then I want to remember, your black ptb is acceptable
I doubt anyone even noticed I wore bluchers last night. I thought I'd be fine; wife thought they were perfect. Acceptable was all I was looking for.

black mac
argyles otc
2zsmaue.jpg
Speaking of black shell, holy mole, those are exceptional!!
worship.gif

Quote: Sounds like a great combo, RTP! Let's see the whole ensemble, just to be sure!
Thanks CEE88, I didn't take a picture of the whole ensemble. I'll have to do it next time.

Black Shell Plaza Cap Toe:

imagejpg1_zpsd44a3f6b.jpg

Mirror shine reflects the "Lincoln" polish can.....
bigstar[1].gif
This is the shoe I need for formal events! Well done Watchman
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ yeah I tried buying it last spring, lol (surprised its still listed)

Yes and no, Sky Valet lists a number of its as being in stock, but when you go to order they don't actually have them. Last year I went to their online site and ordered a pair of EG's list as in stock, later to learn they no longer sell EG, though it is still listed on their website.....

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiments of everyone that said they dont care much for Crepe. Now Im sure Alden's sole is much different, but I always found Clarks extremely slick here in the winter. Ive nearly busted ****** numerous times trying to wear them in snowy/wet conditions.

Thou with all that being said, there is still something that intrigues me about that Walter boot.

PSA:

FransBoone restocked a few styles including the color 8 parajumpers with brass eyelets and a black Indy on plaza.

Unionmadegoods has a few new milkshake suede makeups that they sent an email out on today including a monk strap and a LWB if memory serves right.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
The 4060 (Color 8 Grant Cap Toe Boot) can be ordered from a good number of stores. I think you can get them from CitiShoes, ShoeMart, etc. Alden DC does a special version that is also made on the Grant last, but has the Commando Sole and Speedhooks versus the standard 4060, which is all eyelets. Also, Yenni at JGilbert makes a Cap Toe boot on the Plaza last which is pretty awesome.

Hope that helps!

-Mike

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 4060 (Color 8 Grant Cap Toe Boot) can be ordered from a good number of stores. I think you can get them from CitiShoes, ShoeMart, etc. Alden DC does a special version that is also made on the Grant last, but has the Commando Sole and Speedhooks versus the standard 4060, which is all eyelets. Also, Yenni at JGilbert makes a Cap Toe boot on the Plaza last which is pretty awesome.

Hope that helps!

-Mike

Mike pull some strings and get an antique sole on those Grant boots! :)

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LoL! I have the DC 4060HC and have a Leffot Naval Boot (PCT) in production... Don't think I also need the Antique Edged 4060. You may consider Kathy's Cigar Cap toe Boot. It has the tan antique edging.

-Mike

Your killing me! J/K
I passed on that cigar boot last time around. Sort of wished I grabbed it but I have a bit of patience so I can wait. The boot I cant wait to see is the ravello one.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I doubt anyone even noticed I wore bluchers last night.  I thought I'd be fine; wife thought they were perfect.  Acceptable was all I was looking for.

Speaking of black shell, holy mole, those are exceptional!! :worship:

nephew,
thank you

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found these shell cordovan gun boats at a thrift shop today, all markings were worn off on the inside but were stamped genuine shell cordovan on the bottom, any ideas?

If the long wing has a seem near the heel before finish the wing then it is hanover

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Your killing me! J/K
I passed on that cigar boot last time around. Sort of wished I grabbed it but I have a bit of patience so I can wait. The boot I cant wait to see is the ravello one.

Yeah, I understand. Kathy talked me into passing on the prior run. So I am currently considering the next run. I am more than patient and actually like the idea of having shoes of different ages.

I am on Leffot's Daytripper order as I had no clue that Kathy was doing it until after I had already paid. I am VERY excited about that particular boot.

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads