• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"]

[/SPOILER]Color #8.

nephew,
good shine on your ct

inn8chiro

Reaction score
My question is two fold:

1) I can't smuggle my boots and shoes into the house anymore without the wife noticing, and I think she is catching on they aren't all fifty dollars. She looked up my shell captoes and had the website with price pulled up waiting for me on my iPad. Better to come clean or keep up the Underground Railroad ?

2) which brings to the second question . She was rather disappointed that the shells were made of a horse. She doesn't want them in the house. I reassured her that it was a byproduct of equine food processing , but I don't think she is buying it :nodding:

Keep them or just don't tell her they are shells anymore? I don't think her eye is keen enough to spot the difference, when red soles are all that matter to her :nest:

Thanks in advance

Dr. Carr :)

odessaboots

Reaction score

My question is two fold:

1) I can't smuggle my boots and shoes into the house anymore without the wife noticing, and I think she is catching on they aren't all fifty dollars. She looked up my shell captoes and had the website with price pulled up waiting for me on my iPad. Better to come clean or keep up the Underground Railroad ?

2) which brings to the second question . She was rather disappointed that the shells were made of a horse. She doesn't want them in the house. I reassured her that it was a byproduct of equine food processing , but I don't think she is buying it :nodding:

Keep them or just don't tell her they are shells anymore? I don't think her eye is keen enough to spot the difference, when red soles are all that matter to her :nest:

Thanks in advance

Divorce?

Totally kidding!! Unfortunately, I share your problem. Luckily when a new green box magically appears all I get right now is an eye roll...

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My question is two fold:

Thanks in advance

Every married guy here has had this conversation, it's going to be ok.
1. Come clean. It's no fun to have shell goods but have to hide them from your girl. I did say goods, your killer boots will be a gateway to shell belts, wallets, key fobs...
2. If the horse hide is an issue use this quote:
Where do you get the horse hides used for shell cordovan?

Raw material quality is paramount at Horween. A great majority of our horsehides come from France and Canada where horses are still raised as part of food industry.

From this interview.

http://bestleather.org/all-about-shell-cordovan-with-horween-leather-co/

Best of luck,
She loves you, she will understand.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My question is two fold:

Thanks in advance

Idk what your spending is like but my recommendation is to be honest. My justification is that i don't buy things too often (i dont) and when i do i get something really nice (such as shell) and use the item for a long time. Honestly, my wife and I have an understanding and we buy what we want as long as nothing breaks the bank. We also aren't heavy spenders in other areas where i see people splurge.

The horse thing idk what to say. Does she wear calf well thats the same idea.

Good luck...

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My question is two fold:

Thanks in advance

This is why I'm not married..... LOL

Last edited:

inn8chiro

Reaction score

Idk what your spending is like but my recommendation is to be honest. My justification is that i don't buy things too often (i dont) and when i do i get something really nice (such as shell) and use the item for a long time. Honestly, my wife and I have an understanding and we buy what we want as long as nothing breaks the bank. We also aren't heavy spenders in other areas where i see people splurge.

The horse thing idk what to say. Does she wear calf well thats the same idea.

Good luck...

usually just splurge on footwear at this point

inn8chiro

Reaction score
G
Every married guy here has had this conversation, it's going to be ok.
1. Come clean. It's no fun to have shell goods but have to hide them from your girl. I did say goods, your killer boots will be a gateway to shell belts, wallets, key fobs...
2. If the horse hide is an issue use this quote:
Where do you get the horse hides used for shell cordovan?

Raw material quality is paramount at Horween. A great majority of our horsehides come from France and Canada where horses are still raised as part of food industry.

From this interview.

http://bestleather.org/all-about-shell-cordovan-with-horween-leather-co/

Best of luck,
She loves you, she will understand.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

My question is two fold:

Thanks in advance

My friend, I think you should be honest with your spouse. My wife knows of my shoes and she definitely knows and reminds me as to how much they cost (she has gone with me to Alden SF several times). I frequently joke about keeping them separated, but part of the reason I married my wife is that is extremely astute, and I know that I am not fooling anyone.

Alike others here, we live a fairly simple lifestyle and have cut out a lot of other unnecessary expenses, which has enabled me to get more carried away than anyone should.

I know that people tend to appreciate horses more than they do cows because of their eloquence, but they are, as many others have stated not killed for the purpose of their hides. You may also consider alter a Chick-Fil-A commercial to say "Buy More Cordovan" instead of "Eat More Chikin"... She definitely has an interesting perspective.

You could try and convince Mac, DV, or Sazon to sell you their shoes, since they are all made of Unicorn.

Best of luck my friend.

-Mike

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My friend, I think you should be honest with your spouse. My wife knows of my shoes and she definitely knows and reminds me as to how much they cost (she has gone with me to Alden SF several times). I frequently joke about keeping them separated, but part of the reason I married my wife is that is extremely astute, and I know that I am not fooling anyone.

Alike others here, we live a fairly simple lifestyle and have cut out a lot of other unnecessary expenses, which has enabled me to get more carried away than anyone should.

I know that people tend to appreciate horses more than they do cows because of their eloquence, but they are, as many others have stated not killed for the purpose of their hides. You may also consider alter a Chick-Fil-A commercial to say "Buy More Cordovan" instead of "Eat More Chikin"... She definitely has an interesting perspective.

You could try and convince Mac, DV, or Sazon to sell you their shoes, since they are all made of Unicorn.

Best of luck my friend.

-Mike

Just saw one fly by my house as a matter of fact - - there are many unicorns to be had IF YOU BELIEVE.:uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members