• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

phantomx48

Reaction score
New soles after wearing through the single leather ones on this pair of Alden navy suede PTB. Have to say that while the look is a little "trendy", the comfort is off the charts for spring/summer.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
u4e4emaz.jpg

Alden x Context Roy boots. Love this color and these pants. Might pick up the Snuff suede version with flex sole.

Not sure if I can replace the crepe sole with that Vibram harrier sole in black. Hmm.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
u4e4emaz.jpg

Alden x Context Roy boots. Love this color and these pants. Might pick up the Snuff suede version with flex sole.

Not sure if I can replace the crepe sole with that Vibram harrier sole in black. Hmm.
Theres a pair of those on eBay right now in the Dark Earth basically charcoal color, I have been debating.
I dont wear black that often (if ever) so I was unsure, but they look off the charts comfortable.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

Theres a pair of those on eBay right now in the Dark Earth basically charcoal color, I have been debating.
I dont wear black that often (if ever) so I was unsure, but they look off the charts comfortable.
They are. Snag em.

aldenfan

Reaction score
u4e4emaz.jpg

What pants are those?

Kwaker

Reaction score

u4e4emaz.jpg

characteristic pinky toe bump on CXL ... always wondered if a wider width would help

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taylor Stitch in SF. They're called the Vintner's Chore pants. This one is Pine, a nice army green. Made of 10 oz canvas that's been slightly waxed then washed once. Button fly. Prefer these to chinos. Need to grab a diff color.

Fabric weight and feel are outstanding.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
u4e4emaz.jpg

characteristic pinky toe bump on CXL ... always wondered if a wider width would help

Not sure if its a CXL thing. Seems like a Barrie thing (last shape). Also, this CXL is far thinner than the CXL that Viberg uses, hence why I wouldn't point at the leather before the last shape.

I may need to buff these and apply some Montana pitch blend.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superb!
Is it me, or do NST boots on Plaza have the center stitched portion elongated versus NST boots on Barrie/TruB?
I fell in love with the NST on plaza after the pics from Leather Soul, so I may replace my Indy Color 8 on TruB.
Would love a comparison shot with Barrie or another last.

I think Aberdeen nst shoes and boots have the best proportions. I like the spacing, shape, and stitching better.

1st place:
Aberdeen for shoes.
Plaza for boots (but I like Aberdeen for boots too). :D

specialk0449

Reaction score
I placed a pre-order with Yenni for the medallion black shell boot in January. The original projected time of arrival was April. I sent an email to her a few days ago requesting a status report. Yenni replied back saying there was a black shell shortage and the boots probably would not be available for at least 60 days. This is the first time that I have ever heard of a black shell shortage. Not doubting Yenni at all, but wanted to pass along this info. :brick:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed a pre-order with Yenni for the medallion black shell boot in January. The original projected time of arrival was April. I sent an email to her a few days ago requesting a status report. Yenni replied back saying there was a black shell shortage and the boots probably would not be available for at least 60 days. This is the first time that I have ever heard of a black shell shortage. Not doubting Yenni at all, but wanted to pass along this info.
baldy[1].gif

Kathy also said that last week when we were talking about upcoming preorders/the cigar captoes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads