• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not sure how "unintentional" the code is. Especially given the fact that it works for some pairs and not others it seems like they are trying to work through some current and expected inventories

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good idea keeping them! I adore mine. I'm wearing the sister boot, today.

These are a must have. Wow. When is the next pre-order on these!!!??!!! The light edge trim and commando soles make this so necessary.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

These are a must have. Wow. When is the next pre-order on these!!!??!!! The light edge trim and commando soles make this so necessary.

I'm pretty sure it will be coming along soon, sazon. Patience, my friend.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I do appreciate the Color 8 with Antique edging, but I am not sure if I can warrant these since I already have the Color 8 Indy.

Exactly why I am selling (c'mon people!!) my #8 Indys. I prefer the tankers.

feyy

Reaction score
about a week ago, someone shared photos of a epaulet natty cxl lwb with screwed up right shoes, where the uppers and soles were skewed on an angle.

these are from the recent jcrew "sale," also right shoe:

ATLVol

Reaction score
ok.....so I am on the preorder list for the brown CXL tanker/NST from Leathersoul but just saw where Unionmande has the same in natural CXL.....I do not have any tanker/NST boots and no natural CXL.....would you pass on the natural and pick up a brixton style short-wing boot or get both the brown and natural CXL tanker/NST boot?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

about a week ago, someone shared photos of a epaulet natty cxl lwb with screwed up right shoes, where the uppers and soles were skewed on an angle. these are from the recent jcrew "sale," also right shoe:
looks crooked, eh? please post some more pics

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
about a week ago, someone shared photos of a epaulet natty cxl lwb with screwed up right shoes, where the uppers and soles were skewed on an angle.

these are from the recent jcrew "sale," also right shoe:

With all due respect, I don't see it from this picture.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do appreciate the Color 8 with Antique edging, but I am not sure if I can warrant these since I already have the Color 8 Indy.

keep thinking...keep thinking...I'm sure you can convince yourself. It's amazing what I've convinced myself of when it comes to Aldens.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
keep thinking...keep thinking...I'm sure you can convince yourself. It's amazing what I've convinced myself of when it comes to Aldens.
I hope someone notices your signature. That is bargain basement prices for those 8.5Cs

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but the unintentional discounts seem to be a big plus in the J Crew column.
I see what you mean. I would just like to be a fly on the wall there one day to see the clowns who are responsible in action.

I am not sure how "unintentional" the code is. Especially given the fact that it works for some pairs and not others it seems like they are trying to work through some current and expected inventories
I think you give them too much credit. The codes or low prices are usually corrected within a day or so, which leads me to believe that they are not intentional. Furthermore, from what I can tell, they don't have much trouble unloading their Alden inventory, with some makeups persistently backordered.

I also don't think that they are aware that there is a whole forum full of Alden arbitrageurs poised to jump on such mispricings, they just don't seem to be that "on point" based on the all the description errors and photo snafus.

Not alden related, but I saw this and had to share. Plenty of denim dialog already takingplace in this thread anyway, so I dont' feel to bad about it. As they say, if you can't beat em, contribute to the problem.

Are these not the most comically oversized rolled cuffs that you have ever seen?

At the same time, I have to respect that he is not afraid to march to the beat of his own drum.

Last edited:

MickCollins1916

Reaction score

Quote:I meant to comment on these the other day when you posted them. I'm a huge fan of Tassels, especially suede. I like these much better than the Unionmade version with the contrast stitching. JG's, like UM's are also on the copley last though, right? That is a deal breaker for me. I am a purist in the sense that I only like Tassels on the Aberdeen. Also, what color is the welt, edge? I can't tell if its dark brown or black or what? Not sure, but I like how it makes the blue look darker than the lighter edging that I've seen on unionmade's.

Quote:I've never bought Alden's from them, and haven't shopped there since before they transformed themselves into Hipster Supply Co., but they really seem to suck at marketing aldens on their websites, between all the image snafus and unintentional discounts.
Thanks! These tassels from JG are on Aberdeen and have antique edge trim. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these not the most comically oversized rolled cuffs that you have ever seen?

At the same time, I have to respect that he is not afraid to march to the beat of his own drum.

I'm sure he's part of a WAYWT thread somewhere with thousands of posts and likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads