• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Lucky you for getting the horween stamp, thams! Mine unfortunately didn't come with any. I was surprised how much better unlined shell cordovan holds it shape compared to unlined suede. Also, I noticed that the Leffot unlined version looks to be exactly the same width and length as my Alden DC Ravello lined LWBs. Here is a pic of them side by side.
How do you like them, Alex?

totalair1

Reaction score
Longwing Party

Decided to pull out all of my Longwings for a family photo. I have all of the rare longwings covered. Now I guess I should start thinking of the standard (Color 8 and Black)... :)

I find it interesting, the color on the vamp of my Cigars and my Alden DC LWBs are essentially the same in this lighting. The Ravello has just a pidge more red in it in real life. The AoC LWBs are definitely more red. At this point, I really do not have a favorite, I love them all in their own special ways.

The only shoe that I have more colors in, is the LHS... :)

-Mike
I have absolutely zero of these makes ups, Nada, None, Zip! Congrats to you Mike...A man of all colors! :) I do have a whiskey SWB, and my recent Hanover find but that's it for me. I've tried, but to no avail...but I won't quit until I get there!

See Ya,
Steve

totalair1

Reaction score
Speaking of Horween stamps...have you noticed how the Ashland Leather shell wallets always seem to have the Horween stamp in the sweet spot? IMHO it's because the guys running Ashland Leather work at Horween during the day and just might get the opportunity to add a few extra stamps in the the right place! Besides the fact Ashland Leather makes awesome wallets, the added touch of a big fat Horween stamp in the sweet spot really enhances the product!

See Ya,
Steve

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I have absolutely zero of these makes ups, Nada, None, Zip! Congrats to you Mike...A man of all colors! :) I do have a whiskey SWB, and my recent Hanover find but that's it for me. I've tried, but to no avail...but I won't quit until I get there!

See Ya,
Steve

Sorry Steve! I will let you know if I see anything in size enormous when I call around again... :)

I periodically sweep through the stores to see what they have in stock. A good way to build your shoe collection and deplete your budget... :)

Today, I found a pair of Whiskey LHS (CitiShoes) that are now in a box heading to San Diego... :) Very soon I will have LHS in Whiskey, Ravello, Cigar, and 8.

-Mike

Last edited:

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
I am coming off of a pretty bad Alden bender and was hoping that you guys could share your worst Alden damage in a week to make me feel less bad about all of the children in Africa that could have been fed in lieu of my four new pairs of shells.

alexandchau

Reaction score
How do you like them, Alex?
They are super comfy out of the box, and yet feel much more solid than my unlined suede chukka, which I like
smile.gif

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j.crew saddles
Really like the look, very nice.

I have seen many models lately that I thought I would never consider for my own style but you guys have done a great job convincing me otherwise. Tassels definitely present a challenge to me, but I find myself coming around lately.

totalair1

Reaction score
Sorry Steve! I will let you know if I see anything in size enormous when I call around again... :)

I periodically sweep through the stores to see what they have in stock. A good way to build your shoe collection and deplete your budget... :)

Today, I found a pair of Whiskey LHS (CitiShoes) that are now in a box heading to San Diego... :) Very soon I will have LHS in Whiskey, Ravello, Cigar, and 8.

-Mike
Mike-For the most part you are on the same road I followed earlier this year. I got lucky and scored a lot of very nice whiskey, ravello, and cigar shoes. none were the LHS or LWB though. No boots either. I'm good to go in NST, Chukkas, and PTB of which I have all colors except no Whiskey PTB. In a very small way I guess it's good I did not find everything this year...breaking 5 figures is not for the faint of heart! congrats on your whiskey LHS score...I love the LHS in whiskey!

See Ya,
Steve

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am coming off of a pretty bad Alden bender and was hoping that you guys could share your worst Alden damage in a week to make me feel less bad about all of the children in Africa that could have been fed in lieu of my four new pairs of shells.

Earlier this year I purchased whiskey NST, cigar NST, color 8 balmoral wingtips and color 8 full strap LHS in three days. I ended up selling both NST (never wore the whiskey NST and wore the cigar NST around three times). The color 8s get consistent wear (especially the wingtips).

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spending Monday afternoon watching "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on the SyFy channel, one of my favorite movies, where Harrison Ford sports some pretty iconic boots.
. My life is so hard!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Nice, MrDV. I need to find a better backdrop for my daily pics like you. The office desk background doesn't do my footwear any justice!
thank you sir. I am on vacation this week. I get to take pictures in direct sunlight, I take most of my selfies before 7 am.

MrDV, those are my favorite Alden saddles. I slept on them and regret it, but I'm glad to see someone enjoying them.
thank you. I have a few saddles, these get the most wear.

Still missing a pair aof saddles in my collection. These are awesome.

thank you sir. classic #8 saddles work well year round.
Very nice sir! I am not a fan of saddle shoes, but those actually look very nice to me. And your lawn is looking as good as always! Its nice living in Southern Cali, right?

-Mike
thanks mike. yes, 72 degrees today.

Really like the look, very nice.

I have seen many models lately that I thought I would never consider for my own style but you guys have done a great job convincing me otherwise. Tassels definitely present a challenge to me, but I find myself coming around lately.
thank you. I still cant bring myself to buy tassels or full strap loafers. if I had to, I would start with cigar or blue suede tassels.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longwing Party

Decided to pull out all of my Longwings for a family photo. I have all of the rare longwings covered. Now I guess I should start thinking of the standard (Color 8 and Black)... :)

I find it interesting, the color on the vamp of my Cigars and my Alden DC LWBs are essentially the same in this lighting. The Ravello has just a pidge more red in it in real life. The AoC LWBs are definitely more red. At this point, I really do not have a favorite, I love them all in their own special ways.

The only shoe that I have more colors in, is the LHS... :)

-Mike
mike, the light edge ravello pair is awesome, very red in an awesome way. however, I think your (2 tone) cigar lwb takes first place.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#8 Dovers just arrived - most comfortable shoes straight out of the box. Love the Horween stamp too.

congratulations, I was lucky, they sold out of my size right away. no damage done.
I know I shouldn't care, but I never get the horween shell stamp. I realize most my shoes are lined, but still, I should have more than 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads