• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ravello nst Aberdeen from tsm. my new favorite pair of shoes. I have wanted a pair and drooled over uncle macs' and sevenfoldtieguy's forever.
nephew, +1 for nst and argyles wear only in good health

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need these. My next Aldens, for sure. Under-rated and photographed.

epc2

Reaction score
Indy guys.

Which sole is heavier the lug sole on the 404 or the std. neocork?

Thanks.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5ujymame.jpg

It's a beautiful day for #8 tassels and my trusty Daytona.
Mick,

You are killin' it with this combo! Right down to the cashmere socks! (cashmere, right?) You are owning "the tassel look" that we sometimes talk about. Only thing I would change is the thin wale cords. Might switch them out for some wool flannels or something.

Are you a lefty? or do you just prefer to wear your watch on your right wrist?

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't recall seeing an answer to question of mine from a week or so ago.. does anyone offer/regularly order a #8 LHS with antique sole?

tia!

MickCollins1916

Reaction score

Mick,

You are killin' it with this combo!  Right down to the cashmere socks! (cashmere, right?)  You are owning "the tassel look" that we sometimes talk about.  Only thing I would change is the thin wale cords.  Might switch them out for some wool flannels or something.

Are you a lefty? or do you just prefer to wear your watch on your right wrist? 

Thank you, sir! The socks aren't cashmere, and way too warm for flannel in Charm City this week. But yes indeed, I am a lefty.

Dr. D

Reaction score

don't recall seeing an answer to question of mine from a week or so ago.. does anyone offer/regularly order a #8 LHS with antique sole?

tia!

I think the only person that has posted color 8 LHS with non-black edging is Mac and he has stated that he had the work done by B. Nelson. I also recall Mac posting that back in the days of custom orders he tried to get Alden to put a double leather sole on some LHS and they wouldn't do that either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads