• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can lead a horse to water . . .
Apparently we'd all pay for a horse's @rse if the price is right, but avoid contact with water at all costs.

(That was stupid but I thought we could use some comic relief. "Can we all just get along?")

Last edited:

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would suggest first calling the online folks to have them tell you which stores, if any, currently have the D you are looking for.

Great idea! Thanks Seven!

I had time to call today. Unfortunately, they seem to be very scarce. Anyone notice any timing pattern for Alden BB cordovan restocks? I guess I've got a couple months before I have to return them.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,

It is neither my intent to look a gift horse in the mouth or to belabor a point, but as I begin the break-in process on my whiskey LWB's from the recent TSM madness, I'm wondering why in the heck they would sell me a shoe for $450 that they could have easily sold to me for $661. Given that many of the scores described on these pages are for exotics, and most have confirmed that theirs doesn't appear to be seconds or returns, it simply doesn't make sense. Not only would I have gladly paid full price, I would have been on pins and needles until they arrived. My theory, which is undoubtably based on wishful thinking, is that Horween finally has enough stock of exotics that they are ready to flood the market and put an end to the misery of those who have spent the past few years trying to score ravello, color 6, etc. Again, probably wishful thinking.

I was hoping to get the perspective of some of the more seasoned Alden wearers on why this happened and whether it has happened in the recent past.

Call Joe or Ed at TSM and ask him. I suspect he will give you a straight answer as to why TSM discounted them. They have always been up front with me.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great idea! Thanks Seven!

I had time to call today. Unfortunately, they seem to be very scarce. Anyone notice any timing pattern for Alden BB cordovan restocks? I guess I've got a couple months before I have to return them.

You are welcome. I have acquired a few Alden for BB models by doing exactly this.

Not sure about timing patterns, but the most recent major restock was the tassel in color 8.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not even gonna lie.. I had to look up churlish
biggrin.gif

you guys are too educated for me and my blue collar education

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ By continuing to engage in this, any education I have is evidently not being put to any wise use. I'll stop.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are welcome. I have acquired a few Alden for BB models by doing exactly this.

Not sure about timing patterns, but the most recent major restock was the tassel in color 8.

Thanks again. That is actually a really great tip … it's like pulling teeth trying to get my local SA's to hunt down an item from another store. They do it, but they make it very apparent that I'm putting them out :(

BB = Love/Hate

Reaction score
Anyone know of a store with a mocha kid suede Indy boot makeup? Commando sole if I could be choosy. I have a jones ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads