• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGuy

Reaction score
In reference to the discussion regarding tassels & age, I'm 24. I'm definitely the only guy among my friends wearing tassels, but I'm certainly not getting laughed outta the joint

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No luck. Was told they didn't have any in my size and there are no pre-orders due to Alden's 20+ month wait times.

I'm trying to figure out what the Tanker style number is - is it 4020?
just grabbed my natural NST on crepe, says 40202H

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like 1" single cuff, but to each his own.

Double cuff works well with beefy casual boots.

PatrickBooth swears by Lexol - says it's the only thing that really nourishes the leather deep down. He's of the opinion that Reno really only cleans and brightens the surface. Not sure I totally buy that yet, but photos like this lead me to believe PB.

After seeing that, I'll probably be purchasing a little thing of Lexol just to have on hand.
This is a great looking idea. Ingenious.

We should do a Lexol group buy.

zchen

Reaction score
Well I knew it was going to happen eventually. First pair, the Alden x Leffot Tan Suede Indy.

Next pair is probably going to be the classic indy 405 ( was debating between this and 403/J Crew 405, but decided that I wanted something other than CXL as I already have CXL boots from AE and Wolverine) and the Alden x J.Crew No.8 Captoe.

Last edited:

OlafG

Reaction score
I have three pairs of Aldens as of now, but I think I might save up for a pair of longwing shell bluchers.

Can one order shoes in different front and heel widths? One of my shoes are 11EE/D and they are a tiny bit wide in the heel area, but my unlined suede bluchers are 11 E/C and they feel pretty good, but I think 10.5 EEE/C would be a better fit as there I can see the sides of my feet push against the sides of the shoe, I guess it will be more visible since they are unlined.

dslonghorn4

Reaction score
Little Mac method on family vacation.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious to know if anyone knew the difference in length for alden sizes on the barrie last from say a 7.5d to an 8d on the Barrie last. Are the increases congruent I.E. every half size= 1/2 an inch etc.

Briar Snob

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the status is of that Carmina brown boot MTO that was started on this thread about a month or so ago?

Thanks

McPryon

Reaction score

As promised, natty cxl tassels from BB. Procured during most recent sale. Loving them. Paired with j crew bowery oxford cloth. Loving these pants too. Other than my Alden's, favorite recentclothing purchase
Nicccce! Did you go true to size on yours? I picked up a pair recently, too, but I can't decide if they're slightly too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads