• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you're referring to this:
Whiskey-Shell-Cordovan-Ripples.jpg
That i[COLOR=333333]s jasonfoote303's photo of Whiskey shell folds while the shoe is being bent. This was posted a few years ago in this thread. [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]I believe he works at Unionmade and he ran a great but now defunct Alden blog at: [/COLOR] http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com
Yup that's what I was looking at. Maybe I'm just sick but that still looks like a dick to me...maybe it's just the angle the photo was taken.
You might want to get that checked out by a doctor if yours looks like that. :)

elvi679

Reaction score
I have ordered from bureau Belfast before and it worked out well. Took a bit to receive but got a unique makeup. I would recommend them without questions.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are, and are available at Moulded Shoe.

I agree, they look really nice. Definitely good to hear that they are hard to find. Sine they were defects the cost was only $300. At that price-point, I'll keep them.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha...so as not imply ownership, I used the indefinite article A dick, and not....*******. Bonus points to anyone who knows that reference.

I love this site.

MrGuy

Reaction score
Need help fellas. How durable/resilient is cxl? I brought my natty cxl tassels to NYC, and the forecast has taken a turn for the worse. I have my treated suede chukkas, tassels, and a pair of canvas Sperry sneakers. Have some plans where my canvas sneaks will not suffice, and suede treatment or not, I'm super hesitant to wear the chukkas. Am I safe in cxl with a little rain?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need help fellas. How durable/resilient is cxl? I brought my natty cxl tassels to NYC, and the forecast has taken a turn for the worse. I have my treated suede chukkas, tassels, and a pair of canvas Sperry sneakers. Have some plans where my canvas sneaks will not suffice, and suede treatment or not, I'm super hesitant to wear the chukkas. Am I safe in cxl with a little rain?
Why have you not shared pics of the Natty CXL Tassels?

I can't believe you have the audacity to come to us asking for help while holding out on us in such an extreme way.

I'm not sure that Natty CXL Tassels have ever been posted in this thread.

Shame on you!

Last edited:

MrGuy

Reaction score
I've not actually worn them yet. Only broken them in. Pics to follow.Many many pics, if you so desire. Thank you to everyone for such timely responses. I still don't know how to quote on the phone...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've not actually worn them yet. Only broken them in. Pics to follow.Many many pics, if you so desire. Thank you to everyone for such timely responses. I still don't know how to quote on the phone...

Quote on the phone used to work for me, not anymore, guess someone changed the javascript a bit...

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking forward to it!

I have eyed that model numerous times, but was unsure how I'd feel about it once it turned gold. Also a voice inside my head told me that I already have enough versions of the Tassel.

One thing to note, is that when leather soles soak up water, they become soft and consequently wear much faster while they are wet.

MrGuy

Reaction score
Bakes, the patina is what I'm most looking forward to. I've seen some natty cxl turn grey-ish (display pair of brixton boots in store at epaulet, a few weeks ago), which is much more worrisome to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads