• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenwear

Reaction score
null_zps6f955f1f.jpg

null_zps9eccafe8.jpg
Great looking shoes and pictures.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JermynStreet

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Marcoliani's loafer socks?

I have J&M's and they roll off at the heel regularly which drives me nuts....

Marcolianis are the best loafer socks. I got a pair and will never go back to any other brand. Highly recommended.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aldenwear: Really? The evidence presented was, by its own account, the purported habits of a very limited segment of the population . . . 40 to 50 years ago? And one wonders whether their footwear of half a century ago matters any more than what the local burghurs in Kansas City wore in 1966. So the 80-90 year old set dictates style standards. Game, set, match to them! .

Objections overruled.

Roguls: I'm with this guy. The 60's and 70's should not be a benchmark for formal Men's style. And who wants to dress like a lawyer, anyway? (Sorry JDs).

I do. :nodding:

RTP: Puntastic, my friend!!

Thanks. I couldn't resist doing it again. ^^ And frankly, I was just having fun with legal jargon (Motion GRANTED) to begin with. I actually think Aldenwear has made some fine points. In any event, I appreciate his passion on the issue.

MrGuy

Reaction score
Don L, these are killing me. Going to new York tomorrow. I own no shell, just stock suede chukkas and BB cxl tassels. Realistically, I should not buy any $600+ shoes, but these have me strongly considering taking the plunge. These, along with the leffot #8 naval w/ antique edge, are competing for first shell purchase. I will not able to wear either to work often, due to environmental circumstances (outside often, rain sleet hail snow...). I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on versatility of the two, as both are available in my size at the moment

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OK...here's my best Mac imitation with my ravello ptb. Just can't quite get that amazing Mac shine, but pretty good nonetheless. JT

nephew
your imitation is " a "
I wear cuffs on my khakis

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how unrealistic $600+ shoes are for you, but don't break the bank. Calf and suede are very nice also.

Don L, these are killing me. Going to new York tomorrow. I own no shell, just stock suede chukkas and BB cxl tassels. Realistically, I should not buy any $600+ shoes, but these have me strongly considering taking the plunge. These, along with the leffot #8 naval w/ antique edge, are competing for first shell purchase. I will not able to wear either to work often, due to environmental circumstances (outside often, rain sleet hail snow...). I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on versatility of the two, as both are available in my size at the moment

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dark brown wt
argyles otc

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on a proposed brown suede Indy (Plaza last) MTO with Alden DC:

There are only 7 participants so far, and the voting is almost evenly split among all the options up for debate: pull-tab, eyelet color, 360 vs 270 welt, and even speedhooks vs no speedhooks is a pretty close debate.

If you haven't logged your info on the spreadsheet and are interested in this, here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar2rc84qazhmdDFGX1NkSnN6R2xpa2duS2xCTi1uMkE&usp=sharing
placemarked for later. im definitely in, but am not too picky, so i'll see which way things are leaning before laking my decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads