• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sadly, I'll be sending the newly acquired ravello nst boots back to shoemart. there is so noticeable (imo) 'marbling' effect on one of the shoes. had it been just a small section i might have been ok..
I tried to get a pic of it but it doesn't show very well

feel free to hit up the shoemart in a week or two to see once they hit their inventory again. size 12

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just tried to use the 25% off coupon @ BB on some Alden cordovans and it said the coupon isn't applicable :(

"Cordovan" shoes are excluded. It works on Alden suede and Alden calf.

The Peal & Co cordovan boot - made by C&J - is not suppposed to be included in the sale. Once BB realizes it, the code will not work (I had this converstion with a BB CSA for a prior sale). But they will honor the sale price if you get it to work.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sadly, I'll be sending the newly acquired ravello nst boots back to shoemart. there is so noticeable (imo) 'marbling' effect on one of the shoes. had it been just a small section i might have been ok.. I tried to get a pic of it but it doesn't show very well feel free to hit up the shoemart in a week or two to see once they hit their inventory again. size 12
I ordered this boot about 18 months ago (when I found it in stock). Mine too were sent back - the coloring was too uneven.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered this boot about 18 months ago (when I found it in stock). Mine too were sent back - the coloring was too uneven.
its a shame, if the panel on the inside of the shoe against the ankle were off I might have been okay with it. but for $730, I would have liked a little better overall quality.

that's not even bringing into account a 1.5" portion on the outer sole that seems was sanded after the dressing was applied.

oh well, cost me $8 for return shipping

shaunw

Reaction score
sadly, I'll be sending the newly acquired ravello nst boots back to shoemart. there is so noticeable (imo) 'marbling' effect on one of the shoes. had it been just a small section i might have been ok..
I tried to get a pic of it but it doesn't show very well

feel free to hit up the shoemart in a week or two to see once they hit their inventory again. size 12
Kind of reminds me of this.....on my cigar indy boots. Doesn't bother me too much but I also didn't pay $730 for them

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at the TSM seconds price, I'd keep them. that being said, I'll process the return and someone else can live with them

docalden2013

Reaction score

anyone ever had luck going from 11.5d to 11e on a barrie chukka?

wondering if I can give it a shot

K, 4 of my 5 Barrie lasted lwb's were 8.5d. I bought the Barrie whiskey lwb in 8e an found no problem in length. It's even comfier for me than the d width. I would think a Barrie chukka should work similarly. What do you guys think?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will be picking up a pair of the j crew alden crushed suede chukkas in US 10.5 from a friend next week, he asked me to help list them here on SF. does anyone know the retail? he said it was close to $500 but doesnt remember for sure. thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sean2slow

Reaction score
Hello
Quick sizing question:
I have my eyes on natural chromexcel tassel loafers on brooks brothers as my summer shoes and wondering how aberdeen last fits
I wear 7d in barrie and 7.5d in laydon comfortably with thin socks.
Will I be 7.5 d in aberdeen.
Thanx a bunch!

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ typically up 1/2 size for Aberdeen ^^

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello
Quick sizing question:
I have my eyes on natural chromexcel tassel loafers on brooks brothers as my summer shoes and wondering how aberdeen last fits
I wear 7d in barrie and 7.5d in laydon comfortably with thin socks.
Will I be 7.5 d in aberdeen.
Thanx a bunch!

You will most likely be a 7.5; however, you may consider going down in width to get a snug fit at the heel. I go down in width with all my loafers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads