• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCRoyal

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for belts to wear with Ravello? I've found a couple of leads but didn't know if anyone had a go to that they would recommend. Doesn't have to be perfect, obviously, but something that comes close.

It is very difficult to ascertain true color on the Internet so any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whiskey captoes on the Hampton last

stanford88

Reaction score

This one is not even close: cigar, for sure. I have both, and I would choose probably 15 Alden models over the whiskey LWB.

I tend to agree, but he's a physician. The lack of suits makes whiskey easier to complement. I'd keep the pair that sings to you more.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does anyone own the Alden for J Crew cap toe cordovan boots? How do they look in the wild, and how do they compare to other available boot offerings? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I've got a boot bug stuck up my you know what and the prescription is shell shopping. Thanks!
[/IMG]
just happen to be wearing sorry for the cell pics

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey captoes on the Hampton last

Mind blowing. My latest Unicorn. :slayer: I don't care if whiskey is the most casual shelll and the cap toe bal is one of the most formal styles. It just works.

Edit: Great color combos Frank

Last edited:

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/IMG]
just happen to be wearing sorry for the cell pics
Thanks for the pics. I haven't jumped off the cliff just yet, but I'm definitely leaning. I'll be stopping by J Crew tomorrow to see if I can pick up a promo code, or maybe hypnotize a salesclerk.

spicycho

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I haven't jumped off the cliff just yet, but I'm definitely leaning. I'll be stopping by J Crew tomorrow to see if I can pick up a promo code, or maybe hypnotize a salesclerk.
I own these, they're my favorite aldens. Just wear them with pants with a small leg opening and they'll look amazing.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
A belated THANKS ReppTiePrepster & El Argentino!!! Your advice proved to be spot on.

ReppTiePrep - It was your post showing your new whiskey shortwing bals that spurred my interest in the tremont … they look fantastic!

Kathy and Joe at Alden DC were very helpful. They had a 9D in whiskey that was slightly flexed on the right upper and an 8.5D on the way from Alden SF. I took their advice and had them ship me the 9D first (which is my plaza size and TTS). Unfortunately, the 9D proved to be a bit large and kinda unstable when I moved about.
frown.gif

I contacted them about the 8.5D (which is my barrie size), which upon their inspection, had a shadowy imperfection on the left upper; near the brogueing on the vamp. They were kind enough to send a photo, but it was hard to make out. They sent the 8.5's and they fit beautifully. Unfortunately, the imperfection on the vamp is quite noticeable. It looks more like long, dark scar … a gash that I FEAR I may one day make in a perfectly good pair of shoes by tripping over something sharp. I love the shoes, but I don't think it's something I can live with and they'll have to be returned.
cry.gif

The good news is I now know my Tremont size. It's my Barrie size!

You guys were right!!! … for me anyway :)

Thanks again!!

P.S - As a "consolation" … I was able to grab a Whiskey LWB from Alden SF that's in perfect condition and fits great. I'm still evaluating, but I think they're keepers!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Macjedi - good to hear and congrats on the Whiskey LWB. You will love them.
nod[1].gif
I like the fit of the tremont, but not sure I would go with another pair on that last. However, that new cigar makeup from Leffot looks great. Not sure there is a big enough difference between it and the Cigar LWB to justify purchasing it for $700+

Wear your whiskey in great health!

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

user name stevent has a new unworn pair of 10 1/2 d on b & s

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my emo post before. Just working through the guilt of indulging my shoe exuberance.

Please help me choose just one:

Whiskey or cigar lwb, both Barrie lasted.

I can only choose one for now. Please justify position based on versatility or complementarity with lwb collection that includes jcrew waxed brown, color 8 shell and snuff suede. Help!

Sadly there's no medication for this affliction of ours.
smile.gif

I would go with Cigar before whiskey (which is what I did) and I too had the J Crew brown waxed calf and color 8 LWBs. Cigar is a little more versatile. In all honesty though, you could go with whiskeys first and not miss a beat. With your indicating that you already have the brown waxed and color 8 LWBs, it sounds like you want those Whiskeys. Go for it. They're both awesome and you can always pick up a Cigar LWB later (I think??).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads