• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Grant last is really great!

sorry for the iphone pics.

wear in good health your cap toe boot

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The dark sole and relatively dark shade of ravello makes this one of the dressier Alden shoes I own on the barrie last...

nephew,
Good looking gunboats

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This 4th day of the work week brings the need for the #4Captoe boot. I always seem to wear these with the same 2 suits. I need to get some variety in my life.

nephew,
+1 for cap toe boot with argyles

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was recently away on an extended vacation but made a couple of orders while I was away. It was nice the other day when I got home and the mailman delivered my backlog of mail that was being held.

Getting home to a box from Unionmade or The Shoemart is usually a good thing, but getting a box from both...

Wear in good health

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/709459/width/500/height/1000[/I
Let's get the Filson shirt from Unionmade out of the way...

[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/709460/width/500/height/1000

Reverse chamois Indy boots from Unionmade, natural CXL longwings and ravello chukkas from The Shoemart.

The chukka boots have been sort of a grail of mine for a while and TSM finally got some in stock in my size so I did not hesitate to pull the trigger. They are absolutely flawless, and even without running the pictures through Instagram like I did, they are are very heavy on the red end of the ravello color spectrum. The color is very similar to my whiskey Indy boots. The longwings were an impulse buy. I had been going back and forth on buying CXL LWBs for months and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm glad I did - I'm wearing them today with some green moleskin trousers and think they look great. I can see me getting a lot of use out of them.

I haven't had a chance to wear the reverse chamois Indy boots yet, other than to try on and sort of break in, but they are very comfortable. I have suede Indys that I think are much more comfy than the CXL ones I used to have or my whiskey shell or #8 Indys, and these reverse chamois ones are almost as comfortable as the suede. Very flexible and considerably more lightweight - as far as Indy boots go anyway.

wear in good health, remember to use the break in method

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For all you plaza last fans out there, J. Gilbert is waiting on a confirmation for a Color 8 Plaza Last Wingtip Boot with commando sole.

Bsed on my correspondence with Yenni is seems like these may be coming in the next 6-9 months.

It's a great looking boot - and comfortable too.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, anyone has snuff suede Wing Tip Oxford - Plaza Last from J Gilbert? thinking to order for spring...

Countingsheep

Reaction score

Does anyone has the promo code for jcrew. Appreciate if you coul PM me. Tks

I too was asking around for a code. Finally just called J crew's 1800 number... Thanks to Veronica (adorable laugh by the way) I'll have color 8 chukkas in 3-5 business days...
:nodding:

Just call them and ask nicely. They'll say it has to be on a J crew credit card but they made it work for me because I had about 300 on a gift card (put the rest on my normal credit card). If you're truly desperate, get a gift card in store and use that

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alden peeps - best source for replacement boot laces? looking for the dressier narrow flat kind

Two suggestions. One, the vendor who sold you the boots. I've gotten a few pairs of replacement laces from my Alden dealer gratis. Two, Alden. Alden has also supplied me with replacement laces at no charge.

Otherwise, I buy my laces from Benjos or Milk Made.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Two suggestions.  One, the vendor who sold you the boots.  I've gotten a few pairs of replacement laces from my Alden dealer gratis.  Two, Alden.  Alden has also supplied me with replacement laces at no charge. 

Otherwise, I buy my laces from Benjos or Milk Made.

Great options for sure. I love Frans Boone's lace offerings and wish they were available stateside. The overseas shipping costs makes it tough to order from him

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If anyone is interested I have some more RARE aldens to get rid of:

including color8 wingtip boots 7.5D barrie and ravello wingtip boots 7.5D barrie. there is a pair of whiskey lwb 7.5D too, but i do believe they are spoken for at this time. if that changes I will edit this post.

dont advertise your shoes here. you have a sig for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics