• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar Chukka
That chukka in cigar is a really a great looking boot.

DCRoyal

Reaction score

You know Seven that's what I was thinking, a light coloured loafer to wear with shorts. But my girlfriend says she prefers the LHS in cigar. As if my addiction to shell wasn't enough. Opinions are like you know what, everybody has one. Hubert Whites biggest sellers are the PTB and the LHS in #8. So they have a lot of sizes in those to try.

I was fortunate enough to score some whiskey LHS on TSM's seconds list about a year ago and they were my go to shoe last summer. There is something about how that color pops with denim that makes it an incredible summer shoe. Probably received more compliments about them than any other pair I own.

speekez

Reaction score
So Alden also refurbished the upper? It looks good. Did you include a letter or something requested what you would like done?
They absolutely refurbished the upper. Put a ton of wax on. I was considering sending a letter telling them not to, but I didn't want to be too uppety. I've lived in Massachusetts, I know these people, they don't want to deal with some city slickers neurotic b.s.

ATLVol

Reaction score
nephew,
you should go with the 11 D

I just got an email from Will and Leather Soul that my preordered chromexcel LHS arrived earlier than expected. Since the preorder I picked up a pair of suede LHS in an 11 that are definitely snug across the strap. I have 11s in plaza and aberdeen PTB that fit well and ordered the LHS in an 11 as well. I have read on the forum that chromexcel tends to give more than other leathers. Is that true? Any feedback is appreciated.

jereth

Reaction score
How durable are crepe soles compared to others? Also does anyone know where to find a plain or captoe shell boot w/crepe sole? I love the LS PTB #8 crepe sole, but they dont have plans on a restock in the near future. Any feedback would be appriciated.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seven, why you prefer plaza? How is the toe area compared in these two lasts? Plaza more snug?

Most would say the Grant is, overall, roomier than the Plaza. I don't disagree. My preference for the Plaza goes mostly to the issue of fit - as it is probably Alden's best fitting last for my foot. But there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the Grant.

DCRoyal

Reaction score

my restoration was actually $160, my b. I was considering B. Nelson, because I wanted flush toe-taps put on my chukkas (petty thuggin'), but I talked to Tom(?) at LSBH, and he talked me out of it. He said because only Alden has the original lasts, he would only use their restoration.

Can B Nelson do this on brand new soles post restoration as well? Take a little longer, maybe a little costlier. But would be the best of both worlds.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads