• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I've noticed that some are repeated on the last row.

yesssir

Reaction score
How do you guys size the J Crew PCT boots? I know it's on the barrie last but I sort of remember reading in the past that they fit a little different.

bm93

Reaction score
How do you guys size the J Crew PCT boots? I know it's on the barrie last but I sort of remember reading in the past that they fit a little different.

It tends to run small and some people will size TTS on them rather than going a half size down the way it's usually done for Barrie.

yesssir

Reaction score

It tends to run small and some people will size TTS on them rather than going a half size down the way it's usually done for Barrie.

Thanks I'll try a half size up from my barrie size. It's amazing how everyone sizes Aldens differently. I measure a 11C on the brannock but all of my barrie lasted Aldens are 10D. 10.5D are way too big for me but it sounds like it will fit with the PCT.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks I'll try a half size up from my barrie size. It's amazing how everyone sizes Aldens differently. I measure a 11C on the brannock but all of my barrie lasted Aldens are 10D. 10.5D are way too big for me but it sounds like it will fit with the PCT.

My barannock is totally messed up it says I am size 11 in reality I fit 9.5 US

bm93

Reaction score

Yeah it can be a little hard to figure out. I tried on a pair of Barrie longwings in size 8.5D and they were definitely too big, yet my PCT boots in size 8.5D fit great.

EDIT: I'm referring to the Alden x J.Crew PCT boots, which by many accounts run small. I'm not sure about other Alden PCT boots.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my experience, fwiw. I went with conventional wisdom and went a half down from Brannock as with all my Barrie boots. They are a good fit although I really can't wear thick socks with them.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great job. Could you tell me what brand and type of suede brush you used? Thanks

The suede brush was nothing special. Just something my wife had on hand that she may have picked up years ago at Aldo maybe. Really similar to something like this. Has the hard bristles on one side and rubber on the other.

http://www.valentinogaremi.com/deluxe-suede-brush-p-107.html

I really want to pick up a crepe brush though soon for my tan and snuff suede Aldens.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a good Whiskey on Wednesday .. My favorite color LHS next to #8.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't really argue with the experiences of others here but I have multiple pairs of Barrie boots (4) and my JCrew PCT boots seem to fit just the same as the others. As with most things YMMV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads