• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope someone here snagged the brand new 8D snuff loafers on eBay today, I got busy and couldn't increase my bid at the end. Saw they went for like $150 and was pissed haha

I was watching those too, but was out with the family and forgot to bid as well... the seller had a pair of snuff & tan suede that both went for around $150. Someone got a great deal!

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello NST yesterday at "the beach" in downtown detroit

Cigar chukkas to start the dreaded post-holiday work week...

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :slayer:

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello NST yesterday at "the beach" in downtown detroit

Cigar chukkas to start the dreaded post-holiday work week...

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :slayer:

What beach? Funny I was wearing my LWBs at one of my friends' house by the lake. I first thought it was one of those small ones then I was like "oh, you can jet ski all around here..." type of lakes. Definitely not used to the MI lake culture. I still miss my Huntington Beach pad though... :(

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What beach? Funny I was wearing my LWBs at one of my friends' house by the lake. I first thought it was one of those small ones then I was like "oh, you can jet ski all around here..." type of lakes. Definitely not used to the MI lake culture. I still miss my Huntington Beach pad though...
frown.gif

Not a real beach, but it's located at Campus Martius in Detroit. Small area with sand, beach chairs & stuff for the kids to burn some energy off :)

I hear ya on the MI lake culture, we were at the lake Friday at my sister's house... i definitely wasn't dressed for wake boarding, paddle boarding, etc. as well

Last edited:

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there any shop stocking the Tanker boot?

Depends on which last you're looking for regarding leather type, sole, last. A few retailers stock a variation of the Tanker (NST) boot. Alden of SF (Aldenshop.com) has one on trubalance, Alden Madison has one on barrie (not listed on the website so you should call), citishoes has one (not sure the last), and shoemart has one on aberdeen (a bit dressier due to the aberdeen last and leather sole). And there are the extremely difficult to get versions by Leffot, context, and leather soul. Im sure others can weigh in with further advice. Good luck!

Disco Volante

Reaction score

Depends on which last you're looking for regarding leather type, sole, last. A few retailers stock a variation of the Tanker (NST) boot. Alden of SF (Aldenshop.com) has one on trubalance, Alden Madison has one on barrie (not listed on the website so you should call), citishoes has one (not sure the last), and shoemart has one on aberdeen (a bit dressier due to the aberdeen last and leather sole). And there are the extremely difficult to get versions by Leffot, context, and leather soul. Im sure others can weigh in with further advice. Good luck!

As KPDarb mentioned there are several retailers that keep a "tanker" in regular stock. The leathers/lasts/sole combos vary greatly. If you're trying to find the "holy grail" color 8, Barrie, antique edge, commando version you're pretty much out of luck until some time next year when Leffot runs them again. I've seen them come up for sale in the SF classifieds, eBay, and on grailed.com occasionally. You will often pay a premium for that though, especially if NIB because people know what they have and how highly sought after they are.

jt2gt

Reaction score
Doing a bit more selling than buying these days, but would never get rid of these -- Color 8 / Black Pebble saddles. Easily in my top 3 with Indy 8s and LHS.

zennypoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm putting together another Alden gMTO and want to share it with the thread. The entire run is limited to 18 pairs, projected delivery time is late this year or early next year. The store submitting this run is very reputable and trustworthy. This is the make up:

Material: Chocolate suede
Last: Barrie
Design: NST boot
Stitching: Contrast stitching, Indy stitching (**please see picture below, this is an extra line of stitching that sits on the "waist" of the shaft and runs parallel to the length of the boot. It's often seen on Indy boots and JCrew Alden boots**)
All color matched eyelets
Welt: 360 degree flat welt
Edge: Tan Antique
Sole: Commando
Handsewn split toe

Make up will be similar to this, except for: flat welt, all eyelets, and Indy stitching

Here is an example of Indy stitching:

Terms:
This order is through a long time Alden stockist, they wish to remain anonymous in this stage of the gMTO. All standard sizes and widths are available, and they do not need to be consecutive in size. Size changes will not be allowed once the run is submitted. Total run is limited to 18 pairs, around half of the spots are already filled.

This order is not yet confirmed by Alden, I expect it to be confirmed since it will be submitted by a very reputable stockist. The final price should be around $600, the stockist requires a non-refundable $200 deposit. Expected delivery is hard to tell at this point, but should be 3-4 months after order is confirmed. Safe to say this will be in our hands winter 2015 or Q1 2016.

As with all Alden hand made products, there is a slim chance for QC issues, boots not passing QC, or not being made entirely. The stockiest will request the boot to be sent to them and will address the defects with appropriate refund/discount.

If you are interested, please PM me your: name, email, barrie size. Once we reach the run size and/or 1 week from today, I'll submit the list to the stockiest and everyone can call in with their deposits.

Thanks!

Dan

breck81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm putting together another Alden gMTO and want to share it with the thread. The entire run is limited to 18 pairs, projected delivery time is late this year or early next year. The store submitting this run is very reputable and trustworthy. This is the make up:

Material: Chocolate suede
Last: Barrie
Design: NST boot
Stitching: Contrast stitching, Indy stitching (**please see picture below, this is an extra line of stitching that sits on the "waist" of the shaft and runs parallel to the length of the boot. It's often seen on Indy boots and JCrew Alden boots**)
All color matched eyelets
Welt: 360 degree flat welt
Edge: Tan Antique
Sole: Commando
Handsewn split toe

Make up will be similar to this, except for: flat welt, all eyelets, and Indy stitching

Here is an example of Indy stitching:

Terms:
This order is through a long time Alden stockist, they wish to remain anonymous in this stage of the gMTO. All standard sizes and widths are available, and they do not need to be consecutive in size. Size changes will not be allowed once the run is submitted. Total run is limited to 18 pairs, around half of the spots are already filled.

This order is not yet confirmed by Alden, I expect it to be confirmed since it will be submitted by a very reputable stockist. The final price should be around $600, the stockist requires a non-refundable $200 deposit. Expected delivery is hard to tell at this point, but should be 3-4 months after order is confirmed. Safe to say this will be in our hands winter 2015 or Q1 2016.

As with all Alden hand made products, there is a slim chance for QC issues, boots not passing QC, or not being made entirely. The stockiest will request the boot to be sent to them and will address the defects with appropriate refund/discount.

If you are interested, please PM me your: name, email, barrie size. Once we reach the run size and/or 1 week from today, I'll submit the list to the stockiest and everyone can call in with their deposits.

Thanks!

Dan

@zennypoo

Great make up! Definitely considering if there is a place in my rotation.

Out of curiosity, didn't you not too long ago list a pair similar to these boots for sale? Poor sizing? Change of Heart?

Last edited:

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks a lot , I was looking for Tanker boot in the Barrie last , in any shade of brown, I will check all those stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members