• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Reaction score
PSA Leffot pre-order Monday June 22 for natural and blue CXL penny loafers. Loafers aren't my thing, but maybe someone has been waiting for these.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we all agree diversity in Alden tastes is a good thing, why rain on someone's parade just because a particular color of beautiful shell doesn't fit ones fancy. I defer to my long gone Mother, if you can't say anything nice then don't say it at all.

Okay so my tastes run fairly conservative but I do love this shoe for its versatility and comfort in the heat.

Have a great Father Day fellas....

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have a place for a flat pink (#2) shoe with an insipid welt, but not Whiskey or Ravello?

While a lot of "patina" just looks like wear and tear to me, Whiskey really benefits from it. In the past Whiskey wasn't always so popular - people called it "bandaid color". With some wear, the bandaid (or caramel as you say) turns into a lovely mid-brown. It's not ultra versatile, but it's tops IMO for Summer/Spring when you get to that level of a rotation. The #2, on the other hand, seems more like an oddity and novelty designed for the Alden fan who has everything else. There's nothing wrong with that, but I can't think of a less versatile shoe than that matte-pink LWB.

I wish to formally apologize to the members of this forum for posting pics of these flat pink oddity and novelty items, and again apologize for subjecting you yo them. I will immediately delete these pics from the forum, as I do not wish to cause any further distress to the fashionable members here. I am only trumped in my own embarrassment in having wasted my time in search them out and then spending good money on them. What was I thinking? If only I had talked the oracle Joenobody first, I could have saved myself this horrific fate. I will now dispose of these awful things so as to save myself any further ridicule.

I would offer them here, but I would not wish to inflict insult upon the injury I have already caused tot his forum. I was going to simply throw them into the trash, but what if the garbage man was to discover these oddities? I would be the talk of the town. Therefore, the only course I see open to me is to take them out back and put gasoline to them! I will rid the world of these horrendous flat pink novelties for once and for all!

P.S. Please fee l free to ban me from this forum for my bad behavior. :embar:

chrisefi

Reaction score
PM'ing you my address. I would feel terrible if I didn't help you dispose of them @MoosicPa.

Joking aside...

I feel like everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if the guy loves these shoes and spent hard-earned money on them, why not keep negative opinions silent?

Glad you found a pair and hope you enjoy them. To answer your question, I'd have to wear them once. I'd deer bone and brush them back to flawless, but at least once.

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score
@MoosicPa

Dude don't even sweat the nay sayers.

I'm personally not sure I could pull off the #2. However, if they were ever available, I'd buy them in a heart beat.

They are very unique and may not be all that versatile, but that shouldn't stop someone from aquiring and wearing them. We are all proud of our Alden's and they can often draw attention for one reason or another. For good or bad, The # 2 is for sure a head turner.

Only 20 were made and that's pretty cool. As they say, "Wear often and in good health"

Last edited:

gr789

Reaction score
MoosicPA
Enjoy your new and rare acquisition. For me, I would also buy them if available in a heartbeat. This forum is so great because of the interesting Alden makeups that everyone is willing to share.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish to formally apologize to the members of this forum for posting pics of these flat pink oddity and novelty items, and again apologize for subjecting you yo them. I will immediately delete these pics from the forum, as I do not wish to cause any further distress to the fashionable members here. I am only trumped in my own embarrassment in having wasted my time in search them out and then spending good money on them. What was I thinking? If only I had talked the oracle Joenobody first, I could have saved myself this horrific fate. I will now dispose of these awful things so as to save myself any further ridicule.

I would offer them here, but I would not wish to inflict insult upon the injury I have already caused tot his forum. I was going to simply throw them into the trash, but what if the garbage man was to discover these oddities? I would be the talk of the town. Therefore, the only course I see open to me is to take them out back and put gasoline to them! I will rid the world of these horrendous flat pink novelties for once and for all!

I didn't say they were ugly, but they're clearly a novelty pair of shoes:
noun
the quality of being new, original, or unusual.

Are they not new, original, or unusual?

gr789

Reaction score

Unexpectedly found these on the discontinued rack at AoM today. Snuff suede plaza last seven eyelet boots. I don't know what sizes they have left...

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the #2 talk. I am very excited for Moose to have got them.

Are they my cup of tea? I don't know.

I do know that Mike and Div both wear them tastefully.

Recently, I have come to terms with the fact that I am a Dandy. And, I am not by myself

Many of us here have eccentric tendencies in boots and shoes...which, is really what these Fora are all about.

I am having a #4 balmoral boot made right this moment. Part of the appeal is that I have never seen one in person or on the internet.

So, you finely dressed gentlemen enjoy your rare Aldens and do so with confidence knowing that many of us here appreciate your doing so.

Thanks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I didn't say they were ugly, but they're clearly a novelty pair of shoes:
noun
the quality of being new, original, or unusual.

Are they not new, original, or unusual?

Why you have to defend your dickish comments with more dickish comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members